So worried

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So worried

I am so worried that I am having a new relapse only 2 months after my last one. My symptoms are the same as my last relapse but they were gone and now they are back. My MRI after the last relapse showed a lesion on my c-spine but it did not enhance, probably because I was treated with IVSM. My feet had a numb feeling and I had vibrations and buzzing from the waist down. My feet had returned to normal and the buzzing had decreased significantly. Now for the last couple of days my feet are feeling a bit numb and the buzzing is stronger. I researched a pseudo-relapse, but those aren't supposed to last longer than a day, right? Can a new flare be in the same spot as the last one? I can't do another relapse and steroid treatment so soon. I'm so scared.

Thank you for posting this thread!!
    I had an attack in march, that lasted until June, and left me with vision loss in my left eye.
    Now today, as we speak, I am sitting in the ER waiting to see a doc for steroids because I am having another attack!!!
    I am so scared, I didn't know they could happen so close together and so BAD!!! This is my worst one so far.....

Comment

The first flare you had may not have completely cleared up yet. It can take a long time, even with steroids.
      I had a string of flares one after the other earlier this year. One would end, another would start, and that was with three seperate courses of steroids.
      It lasted for more than six months, and I was beginning to think the end was indeed nigh.
      But then it more or less stopped, leaving me worse for wear, mind you.
      Good luck.

Comment

In Oregon

I see you live in Oregon too. Don't get too worried yet. The 'hot' (for Oregon) weather may be getting to you.
        And then again you MAY not be done with the flare too.
        techie
        Another pirated saying:
        Half of life is if.
        When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
        Dogs Rule!

Comment

Saw my neuro yesterday and they want to wait and see if these symptoms go away on their own since they are the same as before. I'm still very worried and my anxiety is probably making it worse.

Comment

I think all of us worry about new relapses. I for one know my job would probably be gone if I have another one before I retire in 2 years. I somehow managed to work 4 days a week with the last one but it was sooooo hard and I don't even know how I made it for three months like that. I try to be positive but every little ache and pain has me thinking about a relapse. It's harder than everyone says just to put it out of your mind. Stress and anxiety always seem to make me feel really fatigued. I take Zanex to control that! I always said I would NEVER take drugs like that but MS has changed my mind on a lot of things. Hang in there!!!

Comment

I think my anxiety is actually worse than my MS symptoms. Dr. prescribed prozac in june, but I lost too much weight and it made me feel bad, so I quit that. Now yesterday I took my first dose of Lexapro and I woke up with horrible nausea. I've tried Xanax and it turned me into a zombie... not sure where to turn next.

Comment

Working...
              X