My legs are so stiff I can't sit down, I have to lay down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My legs are so stiff I can't sit down, I have to lay down

My husband just came in a few min ago and he said it was 106 in the shade . I WILL NOT GO OUT !! The spasticity is real bad today. My legs are so stiff I can't sit down, I have to lay down. Does anyone else have this problem? Yesterday it was in my neck, back and shoulders too.

I take 2mg of Zanaflex q8hrs and Norco 10/325 at the same time. Not helping much.
    Sissy

Wow, that's awful. You're on a really low dose of Zanaflex (2 mg) is not even the normal starting dose, I think the minimum starts at 4 mg. However, I, like you, used to take the 2 mg pills, but I took them much more often, and when I was really bad my neuro advised me to take a couple at a time. Zanaflex is a very short acting drug. I think it's effects peak and diminish with a 4-6 hour span. Why not put a call into your neuro and see if you can get the dosage adjusted to see if you get some relief. If it makes you really sleepy, you can stay on the 2 mg, just take it more often.

After a few years Zanaflex didn't work so well for me anymore, so the neuro switched me to Baclofen, which worked better than the Zanaflex, but still not a lot of relief. Now I have a pump and my spasticity is controlled.

Hope you get some relief from the heat and spasticity. Call your neuro, I know it's the weekend, but call anyway.

Comment

Ouch, hope you feel better soon. I would check and see if perhaps a different strength or med would be better, too. In the meantime I hope you have a good book or tv show; something to help pass the time.
      What if trials of this life
      Are Your mercies in disguise?
      "Blessings; Laura Story"

Comment

I am going to try to stay awake long enough to post .My Dr is not on call this weekend and I do not like the partner. SOOOOO.....I went up to 2mg q4hr along with the Narco and Neurontin. UGGG I am so sleepy.. but feeling a little better. I am reading the "TRUE BLOOD" series...LOL.., IF I can stay awake.

Sorry it has taken me several attempts to get this post where it is readable . So back at ya later!!

Thank You
        Sissy

Comment

Working...
        X