Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tinnitus Anyone?

Hello Again,

With my other symptoms, I have had persistent ringing in my right ear for over 2 years and when I mention it to my Neuro and ENT, they say it could be the MS. According to the ENT, I have no hearing loss, but it sure is maddening! Do any of you have high-pitched ringing in your ear/s?

Thanks and enjoy your weekend!

I have it in my left ear for years, and I can' remember what it was I think melatonin is what my doc said would help, but my doc said there was no cure but that was a few years ago all I know it seems to be getting louder as the years go on and is a pain in the a## as it ruins the peace and quiet time

Comment

I have it in my left ear and its been a few years now. Went for tests and they couldn't find a cause. Drs now think it may have been my earliest symptom emphasis on 'think'). Haven't found a true cause...and the louder background noise gets, the louder it gets. Somedays I don't even notice it.

Comment

I've had tinnitus in my left ear for three or four years now. Most of the time I can drown it out with TV, radio, or white noise machine, but sometimes it gets really loud and drives me slightly batty.

It's just one of those things, I guess.
        Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
        Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
        Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

I've had it for several years. Keeping small fans in every room help my sanity.

Comment

I have had the constant, high pitched squeal of metal on metal, (think car brakes going bad) for 3 years now. Sometimes it is hard to ignore. I just got on disability and read the report that the court's physicologist wrote. He put that I had Psycoid personality Disorder, MS, Somotoid disorder, and several other "personality" disorders. I asked my Dr. about this and he said that I answered one of the questions with "yes" on [do you hear unusual things?]. Anyway, I guess it got me on the disability that I needed. I had been without any money coming in for a year. You might as well add it to the things that are wrong when youtalk to your dr. I mention it every time I see my neuro.
            All sunsets are beautiful, but the most amazing sunsets have a few clouds.

Comment

It might be a sx of MS, but not always. I have had this annoying thing for about 25 years, but my mom and brother also suffer from this and they do not have MS! Both have suffered hearing loss and age my be a contributing factor, but my hearing is good (I'm older too) - in fact, my hearing is super sensitive. I also use a fan at night for white noise and it helps a lot! So far, no doctor has given me any advise on how to alleviate the noise.
              1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
              Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I get it only when there are electronics on - so basically all the time. Some times I don't even notice it but I pay attention, it's there.

From reading what other's have written, I guess I won't complain because it doesn't seem as bad as some have it.
                When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. ~FDR

Comment

Working...
                X