Spasms or twitching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spasms or twitching?

HELLO ALL, JUST A BIT CONFUSED ON THIS. I HAVE THESE LITTLE TWITCHES I CALL THEM ALL OVER MY BODY, SEEMS TO BE MOSTLY AT NIGHT. THE THING IS THAT IT DOESN'T HURT, JUST ANNOYS THE HECK OUT OF ME. MOSTLY WITH JUST A ONE TIME LITTLE TWITCH. SOMETIMES IT SEEMS TO KEEP GOING ON FOR A FEW TWITCHES AT A TIME IN THE SAME SPOT. ARE THESE SPASMS OR TWITCHES? DO SPASMS HURT? THESE DON'T. I ALSO GET THE FEELING OF CHARLIE HORSES IN MY CALVES. TOTALLY DIFFERENT FEELING. JUST KIND OF HURTS AND FEELS LIKE IT GETS HARD. JUST TRYING TO FIGURE THIS ALL OUT. I DON'T KNOW IF I TELL THE DOCTOR I AM HAVING SPASMS OR TWITCHES. HOPE SOMEONE CAN EXPLAIN THIS TO ME. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

I think a twitch is when just the skin and maybe a little muscle sort of wiggles.

A spasm would be when a larger muscle group moves causing a limb to jump or move.

Comment

Hello StarGlaze,

I just answerd another post on this same subject. I also have muscle twitches in my hands, legs, feet and muscle spasms in my legs at night. I take baclofen which helps some.

Hope you feel better soon.
      God Bless Us All

Comment

I get leg twitches sometimes during the night that wake me. Also sometimes when I'm sitting the back of my thigh will start tightening and really hurts. Stretching helps.
        This doesn't happen much and I think it has to do with the type of chair I'm sitting in.

Not sure which is spasticity, but I think it's the tightening muscles.

Comment

My Physical Therapist told me these tiny twitches are called fasiculations. At one time I had them in my tongue! Fortunately after about 2 months my tongue stopped twitching, it was driving me to distraction. I now take Neurontin 600 mg at night and 300 mg in the morning. most of my fasciculations have stopped.

Comment

Believe it or not I kind of like the twitches, well like might not be the right word but they remind me of when I was pg with our children. It feels kind of like when the babes were kicking.

Now, my arm flew out the other day, I was happy no-one was sitting beside me and my finger did the same thing a few days later. I didn't like that; It just felt so strange knowing my body was moving and I wasn't moving it.

Charlie horses, they're the worst. I get one in my abdomen when I bend and one under my chin. Then, I'm sore for a few days afterwards. Those hurt!!
            What if trials of this life
            Are Your mercies in disguise?
            "Blessings; Laura Story"

Comment

Working...
            X