Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brother may have MS

Hi Everybody:

I thought I was the only one with MS in the family but just found out my half brother is getting tested, they were blowing off MS till he told them he had a brother with MS now things are moving for him, he said they said it was in his head and because the psychologist said he had problems it was so. I don't talk to my brother so this is the first time he heard of my MS.
    Well at least they are now doing MRI's with and without contrast including the spine. I thought he would join here so he could get a great education and learn of all the test needed, I do my best but as I'm new to this also and the learning process just never stops.

Hopefully for him it isn't MS and something easily treatable instead.

It is nice to read that the medical community is being more proactive with acknowledging and acting on the fact that MS is familial.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

I'm sorry that either of you are having problems. Maybe, this will be an open door for you and your brother to get to know each other better, to communicate and have something in common. Always look for the rainbows, along with the storm.
      What if trials of this life
      Are Your mercies in disguise?
      "Blessings; Laura Story"

Comment

My sister had her MRI yesterday.

Shes been experiencing symptoms and since I was diagnosed, they felt it best for her to have an MRI.

I'm pretty sure my dad has it as well but has chosen not to have it diagnosed. He's 70 and doesn't feel it necessary at this point.

Comment

My sister had Optic Neuritis some years ago. When she mentioned to her Opthamologist her sister has MS she received a referral to a Neurologist. All testing came back negative for MS. Her optic neuritis cleared up on it's own in 2 weeks.

I am hoping your brother does not have MS. Best wishes to you and your family.
          Diagnosed 1984
          “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Originally posted by SNOOPY View Post
            My sister had Optic Neuritis some years ago. When she mentioned to her Opthamologist her sister has MS she received a referral to a Neurologist. All testing came back negative for MS. Her optic neuritis cleared up on it's own in 2 weeks.

I am hoping your brother does not have MS. Best wishes to you and your family.
            This is a hijack but I'm wondering if she had a MRI? Any chance she has a course of MS like you that is just fairly mild at this point?

I'm definitely paranoid of MS but the ON thing would make me suspicious that it is quacking like a duck.
            He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
            Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Jules A View Post
              This is a hijack but I'm wondering if she had a MRI? Any chance she has a course of MS like you that is just fairly mild at this point?

I'm definitely paranoid of MS but the ON thing would make me suspicious that it is quacking like a duck.
              If I remember correctly, her opthamolgist ordered a MRI due to the ON and it did show inflammation of the optic nerve. When she saw the neuro he ordered a brain and c-spine MRI which were negative and then she had a LP which also came up negative. The neuro told her to let him know if she has any other problems show up.

Of course it's possible she just has a mild course, if she has MS, but at this point I don't know how probable that would be. Time will tell.

You might be paranoid about MS , but it scared the crap out of me when she called and told me she had ON and the opthamologist mentioned MS to her We are half siblings.
              Diagnosed 1984
              “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Originally posted by SNOOPY View Post
                If I remember correctly, her opthamolgist ordered a MRI due to the ON and it did show inflammation of the optic nerve. When she saw the neuro he ordered a brain and c-spine MRI which were negative and then she had a LP which also came up negative. The neuro told her to let him know if she has any other problems show up.

Of course it's possible she just has a mild course, if she has MS, but at this point I don't know how probable that would be. Time will tell.

You might be paranoid about MS , but it scared the crap out of me when she called and told me she had ON and the opthamologist mentioned MS to her We are half siblings.
                Well with the MRI and LP it sure sounds like they did a great job ruling it out. I know what you mean, whenever my brother has a migraine I can't help but worry.
                Anonymous

Comment

My brother (10 years younger than I) was diagnosed within one year of my diagnosis. Nobody else that we know of has MS though.

Environmental cause? Who knows?
                  Diagnosed October 2008 with Relapse Remitting MS (RRMS).

Comment

Originally posted by NerveBuzz View Post
                    My brother (10 years younger than I) was diagnosed within one year of my diagnosis. Nobody else that we know of has MS though.

Environmental cause? Who knows?
                    Environmental and perfect genetic storm?

I often think that years ago before MRI etc. there were many conditions that just went undiagnosed such as Auntie So-and-So that "couldn't walk right" and in many cases people were institutionalized and never mentioned again.
                    Anonymous

Comment

Working...
                    X