Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 5/26/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin for 5/26/11

Hi Everyone. I hope you are all safe with all of the tornados and flooding. This has been quite a spring for many people. With it all I hope you are continuing to battle the bulge. Spring is a good time to renew a commitment to pursue your goal of weight loss. We are out of the winter blahs and can enjoy the burgeoning of trees and flowers. What a lift. Make an inner commitment to shed those pounds. Having said that I gained 1.5 lbs but am on 60 mg. of prednisone for seven days with a taper down. I know I am storing fluid and have been careful about my food intake.

Sparky, it’s not bad that you are still on your holding pattern. Keep working at it and you will go down again. With all of your walking I’m surprised you aren’t a stick! Keep up the good work.

Poohb3ar, sorry about your weight gain but it isn’t surprising given the stress you have been under. I hope your mother-in-law continues to do well. The graduation is so close. I will be thinking of you. That’s great that your clothes continue to be looser.

MamaBug, My goodness but you have been under a lot of stress. I am amazed you managed to lose. That is good that the bridegroom was finally able to get permission to get into the country. I hope the five year ban will be rescinded. No wonder you are exhausted. I am sure the wedding will go off beautifully in spite of it all. Blessings. PS: I am thrilled to hear the wedding went so well. May the bride and bridegroom forever be blessed.

Agate, congratulations. I knew you could do it. You are on your way again. I hope spring gives you a new incentive.

Hunterd, I am sorry you did not post again this week. I hope we will see you next week. Blessings

Celloyogi, I’m sorry we didn’t hear from you again this week. I hope everything is ok and that we will see you next week. Blessings

Ccsitter, it was good to hear from you last week. Thanks for letting us know then that you are all right. I hope your b/p is back to normal and staying there. I hope we see you next week. Blessings.

Akafearless, I’m sorry we didn’t hear from you again this week and hope you will return. I hope everything is ok. Blessings

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over seven years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip for the Week:

“Pecans are among the most antioxidant-rich nuts,” says Bauer. “They may help prevent plaque formation in your arteries.” In fact, a Journal of Nutrition study (funded partly by the National Pecan Shellers Association) found that consuming pecans can help lower LDL cholesterol levels by as much as 33 percent. Pecans may also buffer your brain health, according to an animal study from the University of Massachusetts Lowell. The vitamin E found in the nuts might delay progression of degenerative neurological diseases. About 18 halves = 200 calories, 21 grams fat

Weight loss Results for 5/19/11:

Total Loss:

4 pounds by three members. And away we go. Congratulations on having a good week. There will no doubt be many more to come. Just keep up the good work.

Total Gain:

1.1 pounds by one member. We all slip at times. Don’t be discouraged. Reporting gains is an important part of the process. Admitting the painful truth is a step toward changing things for the future.

Stayed the same:

1 member. As you know, staying the same truly is success. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss. Thanks for letting us know.

3116.38 is the total weight loss for the past 8+ years. Now that we have hit 1.5 tons we are on our way to losing two tons.

Sorry for not posting, have to remember to post here too. This week, i lost alot!!!! I wore clothes that didn't fit a month ago! I'm getting ivig infusions, and my energy levels are incredible! Aam also on a diet of 800-1000 calories a day.

Dave
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

no scales here (in annapolis rental), but feel like i'm doing well. clothes that haven't fit in years are wearable again!
      will check in next week with hopefully a loss. have a great week everyone!
      take care and God bless ya!
      "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Originally posted by hunterd View Post
        Sorry for not posting, have to remember to post here too. This week, i lost alot!!!! I wore clothes that didn't fit a month ago! I'm getting ivig infusions, and my energy levels are incredible! Aam also on a diet of 800-1000 calories a day.

Dave
        the biggest obstacle to losing weight is to only eat what your body needs. in other words, if your body is going to burn 1000 calories a day, only eat 1000 calories! start reading nutritional labels and use measuring cups to attain the proper nutritional values you need. another biggie is to exercise, it will raise your metabolism thus enabling your body to burn more calories than you take in (your body will burn the calories it has stored up {fat}). eat sensibly.

dave
        hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
        volunteer
        MS World
        hunterd@msworld.org
        PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

May 18 - May 25; Lost 1.2 lbs

May 18 - May 25; Lost 1.2 lbs
          36 weeks: Total weight loss since September -- 47.2 lbs (Average per week: 1.31 lbs)

I am somewhat amazed that I was able to lose weight this week. The last couple of days, I got back to my Up Day/Down Day routine, and had two down days in a row. But, I'd not been closely watching either calories or choices of food items (cake, ice cream, pizza, lots of salads with fat-laden dressings, etc) during much of the last week. However, I was careful that, even though I didn't "stick to my diet", I didn't binge or over-indulge too much. It could be that the days of higher calories boosted my metabolism enough that my "Down days" allowed my body to release pounds more easily.

----------------------------------------------------

Wedding is over (was on Sunday). There was lots of clean up stuff to do (outdoor wedding, and, we did the food). Now, it's mostly returning borrowed items to friends and family. Bride and groom are on honeymoon in Colorado. Will return home briefly to Kansas on Sunday; expect to be here around 4:00pm. They plan to unwrap gifts and pack as many as they can in their vehicle that evening and leave for Canada (14 hour drive if they eat meals in the car) early the next morning (6:00am).

I'm somewhat worried that, if anything goes wrong, the groom will not arrive Monday evening, in time to make his 10-day "parole" deadline that U.S. immigration set for him. I wish that they would've considered cutting their honeymoon one day short to allow a "cushion". If he does not arrive on time, I suspect that they could "ban" him from the US for life, instead of just 5 years. Probably worried about nothing. Daughter's car is pretty reliable.

My husband and I will be leaving on Friday, June 2 for Manitoba, Canada for the Winnipeg reception that the groom's parents will be hosting there, and a condo vacation in Manitoba with my husband's parents. Will return Saturday, June 11, just in time, likely, to go to the airport to pick up my son, who will be moving home from Raleigh, NC that day. And, leaving 3 weeks later for Saskatoon, Canada for a 30-year reunion that I'm in charge of planning.

If you believe in prayer, I continue to pray that things will work out for my daughter and SIL; please pray with me for that, and that I will be able to continue to manage the busy-ness and stress of the next couple of months.

My "wedding weight" goal was 133 lbs, and, I actually made that exactly. I set that awhile back, based on the 1.3 lb weekly weight loss average that I tend to have. My goal for the reunion, based on the same "math" will be 124 lbs. I still have a fair amount of "muffin top"/love handles stuff going on around my middle. Following reaching my 124 lb goal, I'll either be ready for maintenance, or set future goals more by Lean Body Mass and Body Fat Percentage numbers, Waist-Height ratios, and Waist-Hip ratios, and not worry too much about the scale.

My family from Canada (dad and his wife, siblings, etc) had not seen me for over a year, and, although some of them knew that I'd been losing weight, were all very much surprised at the change in my appearance. (Also got highlights and lowlights in my hair to disguise some of my grey hair, and new glasses frames.) But, as I looked at some pictures taken at the wedding, I was struck by my 37" waist, and how I am still not where I want to be. The photos definitely reinforced for me that my job is not complete. Will continue to work at losing weight and inches.

~ Faith
          ~ Faith
          MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
          - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
          - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I weigh 112 now! Lost a pound since last week!

Karen, spring should give me an incentive. Some of the clothes that haven't been fitting are warm-weather clothes.

Faith, congratulations on keeping the weight loss going in spite of everything. Maybe you've been keeping so busy you're burning up calories.

poohb3ar, Sparky10 and hunterd, what good results!
            MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

Working...
            X