a special bell boat that can carry many combinations of meats and vegetables. easy to make. you won’t be disappointed. – Chef Beth
8 + servings
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb Italian sausage (we used turkey)
- 2 shallots (or 1 small onion) diced finely
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 cup mushrooms diced finely
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 8 tops of bell peppers diced finely
- 1 tbsp chili flakes
- 8 bell peppers tops cut off, seeds removed
- salt & pepper
- shredded cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 350F and bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Cut off the tops of your bell peppers (save the tops!) and remove the seeds inside the bell peppers. Set aside until the water has boiled.
- Dice up the tops of the bell peppers, shallots, garlic, and mushrooms.
- Once the water has boiled and you’re done dicing everything, put the bell peppers in and let them boil for around 5 minutes, until they’ve soften. Leave them on a rack or cutting board to dry once they’re done.
- While the bell peppers are boiling, grab your skillet and on medium-high heat, start browning your ground beef (season with salt and pepper).
- Once the beef has browned, mix in the diced bell peppers, mushrooms, shallots, garlic, chili flakes, and the strained tomatoes. After 3-5 minutes, stir in your rice.
- When everything is cooked, start stuffing your bell peppers. I sprinkled cheese on top then ready to put in oven.
- After 20 minutes or once your cheese as melted and browned a little, they’re ready to be served.