Stomach issues on Tecfidera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stomach issues on Tecfidera

I have been on Tecfidera since June of 2012. I felt good and have had no relapses. beginning around Oct I was having stomach issues. I did not think it was from Tec at the time. Progressively got worse and finally I couldn't stand it any more I was loosing sleep and in pain. I finally contacted the Dr they initially said try gastro. I finally got so bad I'm didn't go to gastro but I told my Neuro I think it's from Tec. They took me off Tec for 1 week. That was Wed. by Sat morning I felt like a different person.
    anyone else experience issues after 2 years?
    thanks
    Laurie
    Finally free of stomach issues what a diffrence

stomach issues on tecfidera

Just saw your post laurasari. I have been on tecfidera since July 2014. No stomach problems at all at the beginning. Sometime around November I started having stomach problems ranging from acid reflux to diarrhea. I was thinking of seeing gastro as well but want to see neuro first. I have an appointment next week. Wonder how many others started having problems later on during treatment with tecfidera.
    Have you resumed treatment?

Comment

Please. Let me know how you make out. I am currently waiting to start. Gilenya the last of the required tests was received by them last Fri. But so far I am not sure anything has been done by my Dr

Comment

After 25 years of MS, I honestly believe that its the benfit risk ratio. I have had all the Tec sickness, gasrto pain etc.. but have continued as I an way more scared of getting worse than I am of even months long side effects. Its different for everyone xx

Comment

Rsinger
          I finally started my Gilenya. So far I am doing Ok. How are you doing ? Any word on a start date?
          Good luck
          Laurie

Comment

tecfidera

I'm still taking tecfidera laurasari. Some stomach issues I think may be tecfidera related but who knows. Been 8 months for me at this point. Tried Gilenya. Not for me. Tolerated it well but WBC count did fall a bit. Too much concern about herpes.
            Hope you do okay on Gilenya.

Comment

Working...
            X