Tec Tip: fish oil helps quell flushing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tec Tip: fish oil helps quell flushing

Hi, I just wanted to share this with anyone who might be struggling with flushing or other tecfidera side effects. I have been taking tecfidera for more than a year, and although the stomach issues cleared after a few months, the flushing has continued.

I have tried cutting back on spicy foods and eating peanut butter to ease the daily uncomfortable and embarassing flushing, these things did seem to help a little. Taking the pills on a regular schedule also seems to make a difference.

A couple of months ago I started taking fish oil and vitamin D at the same time that I take my tec, both in the morning and at night. I realized that the flushing has almost stopped entirely!, it now only happens when I mess up my medication schedule or don't take the oil supplements.

If you are having trouble with flushing, maybe try this yourself. Fish oil and vitamin D are good for your brain and heart anyway, so you can't really lose.

Side note - Vitamin D is not actually a vitamin, it's more like an oil so it might be helping to absorp the tec as well.
    Jam
    DX'd MS 8/17/05
    God never closes a door without at least cracking open a window.

I also take fish oil and vitamin D with tecfidera. It seems to minimize flushing.

Comment

Thanks for the tip. I take Fish Oil with my Tecfidera and occasionally still get flushing. I will try it with Vitamin D.

Comment

Working...
      X