Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those who DID exp. side effects on Tec. Did they go away?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those who DID exp. side effects on Tec. Did they go away?

Hi there,

I am on day 5 of the Tecfidera. Having side effects... stomach upset, diarrhea, nausea, and AWFUL fatigue. I was wondering about those that have had side effects with Tec. Did they go away? If so, at what point? Thanks!!

I just saw this post now so hopefully your side effects have subsided. Most of mine did! 😄

Comment

sonoragal...if you're on tec, could you elaborate on your experience? Good and bad .

Comment

Mine did not stop, even on the small dose I was on after my bout with the Shingles. This was not the drug for me. My hair is coming back now at the top, but the ends are still so thin from the Tec hair loss. I need to get on something else or give up on DMTs. To me, current M.S. Treatments are like closing up a gunshot wound with a Band-aid (but at least Band-aids don't have side-effects).

Sorry, it has been 10 years since I was diagnosed and I am jaded to say the least! I do believe I had M.S for 10 years before I pursued a diagnosis. Had I been treated at the true beginning of my disease, I might have seen more benefits from being treated. I will never know. I think was better off living those early milder MS years in denial...
        Tawanda

Comment

Hey Jerry

Terrible side effects started weeks 2-4 and I didn't think I could handle it. But after reading others posts on tech side effects, I felt it might b worth it as long as the effects abated soon. And they did with just occasional flushes and tingling which aren't really too bad 😊

I am only in my 5th month of tech but am feeling so much better than b4 tech. 2014 has been a tough year for this SP MS gal, probably due to the start of menopause. YIKES!

I have read tt tech's therapeutic value starts after 6 months to a ye I feel they have started a month early to help me. I am very happy that something is helping! It gives one hope for the future which I was so in need of.

Comment

Working...
          X