Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just started taking Tec today!

Hello

I started taking tecfidera today! I ate oatmeal for Bfast and took the meds. The side effect I got after maybe 10 mins after was my entire body was red! It was so bizarre but manageable. I had a slight headache so I took an aspirin. Any other suggestions anyone has that would be valuable to know while on tecfidera? I would really appreciate your input thank you and hope you are all well

Hi,

I hope you do well on Tecfidera I'll offer you one tip to curb the flushing that worked for me, and that's to just make sure to eat full meals when taking it. What I mean is just not to have a muffin for breakfast, because that seems to make flushing worse. You're already on to something with the oatmeal I have oatmeal and a banana most mornings and I rarely ever flush.

Comment

Hi! I have been on Tec for almost a year. I always make sure I eat something esp in the morning. I had random flushing for the first couple of months then they stopped. After the first couple of weeks I developed heartburn at night so I would take a zantac at night. After a several weeks I stopped to see if I was still getting heartburn and it wasn't happening anymore. Overall, the symptoms I got were manageable and went away. I hope you do well with Tec.
      dx 2002 rebif 2002-2013 Tecfidera 2013

Comment

hi i'd taken tec also,yet didn't work for me..i hope works for you!

just make sure to eat well, drink alot of water, and i took an allergy pill before each dose of it...
        Jen Dx'd 5/11
        "Live each day as if it were your last"

Comment

I've been on Tec for over a year now. Once I started taking the Tec with milk, both morning and night, all my side effects went away. I have yet to try taking the pill with anything but milk

Comment

Working...
          X