Newly Diagnosed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newly Diagnosed

Hi. I am Julie, I'm 41 years old and have been recently diagnosed with MS (March 20, 2014). I had an episode of optic neuritis 10, years ago, but I was told to watch it, but not told what to watch for.
    Now I find out that if I had been put on preventative medication then I may not have had this last episode. This last episode effected my right arm and leg. I still have a funny, swinging gait, but not all the time. My neurologist said I might not regain full function, because the leision was so big on the left side of my brain.
    Right now I live in Wiesbaden, Germany because my husband is in the Army. I work for the Army as well, as a Victim Advocate. My neurologist is German and wonderful. I start Tecfedera and physical therapy tomorrow. I'm just looking for information. Has anyone used diet to manage their symptoms? I am very interested in alternative treatments, but don't know where to start.

Welcome, but sorry for your recent dx. I'm coming up on my one year anniversary using Tec. There's information on other threads about possible side effects and how to minimize them. What I experienced initially with tec was flushing and some very minor gastro issues. Taking the tecfidera with a meal and drinking lots of water throughout the day seemed to help me.

It's probably a good idea to have your vitamin D & B12 levels checked also. Others have pointed out the importance of making sure those are within the higher range of normal (in fact, probably a little higher than most doctors recommend)

Good luck with tecfidera and physical therapy. Let us know how it goes.

Bree

Comment

Working...
    X