fatigue and bloating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fatigue and bloating?

Started Tecfidera about a month ago after being on copaxone for 11 years. Hardly any side effects on copaxone except tissue damage from shots so it was time to switch. I started off on 120 mg then after week went to 240 twice a day. Immediately noticed weight gain, 6lbs after 2 days higher dose!!!! Mostly noticed in midsection, arms and face. People close to me noticed too. I stopped meds until my dr could get back with me. Said this was not a side effect. So he said to start back on it. Just take 120mg for a while until I felt comfortable to take the higher dose. He said may have been too much too soon. Its been 2 weeks of doing that about now. I lost the weight on scale but my midsection looks like I'm having a baby!! So big and uncomfortable!! I'm also very tired all the time now. Some days dont even want to get dressed. I was working out about every other day prior to starting tecfidera. Also my symptoms of hot and cold sensations seem to be worse on meds. I had these sensation problems come back when I was on tecfidera few weeks ago then when I went off they went away. Now that I'm back on it they are back. Anyone else symptoms get worse on tecfidera and have weight gain in middle? Im miserable. My doc was really pushing for me to go on this, but I just dont know if its agreeing with me.?

Tec Symptoms

You need to judge for yourself whether or not it is worth is because everyone's experience is different with these medications. I was having some break through symptoms with the lowest dose of Rebif and given I was on it for 5+ years and still having flu like symptoms my doc thought it was time to move to a new medication.

I've been on Tec for 3 weeks and I am too bloated, have gained a little weight but think the weight gain is from my eating more now to ensure my GI issues are at a minimal. I used to skip means but can't do that any longer and ensure that I am taking 10 - 12 hours a part as last week I forgot and took them 2 hours apart - that was not a good night!

Overall, I see a little relief in my cognitive issues so will move forward in hope of the symptoms going away because I am feeling more myself on Tec than on Rebif.

Comment

Working...
    X