It appears that your MSWorld session has not been initiated or has expired. To renew your session, please click here, then click 'Logout' on the right hand side and log back in again.

Go Back   MSWorld Forums > MSWorld Message Boards > The Wellness Room > Tara's Nutrition & Supplement Notebook
Register FAQ Calendar Guidelines Mark Forums Read Login

Tara's Nutrition & Supplement Notebook Discuss healthy eating and natural/herbal supplements with Professional Nutritionist Tara Palmer.

Old 02-24-2014, 12:27 AM
Registered Member

essential oils...?

Does anyone have any experience with, or knowledge about, essential oils? I've been hearing a lot about them lately (mostly from an old friend who now sells them) and it's got me curious. Of course, to read the hype, they are The. Best. Thing. EVER. But, that's the hype. I want to know about someone's real-life experience.

Anyone....?
Old 02-24-2014, 11:05 AM
Registered Member

Essential oils are used in/for:

Quote:
Massage therapy
Aromatherapy
Natural remedies
Soaps & lotions
Bath salts
Candles
And are used for many things, even for cleaning.

Quote:
Lavender Brings a natural calm for help with anxiety and restlessness.
Peppermint Useful for headaches and nausea.
Eucalyptus Effective for sinus and chest congestion.
Lemon Used in many natural household products.
Frankincense frequently used as a skin treatment.
http://naturalfamilytoday.com/health...#ixzz2uG8qCqXB
http://www.aromaweb.com/articles/whatare.asp

http://www.naha.org/explore-aromathe...ssential-oils/

I have a few friends who use Essential Oils and swear by them, enough so, that I am considering giving them a try
Old 02-24-2014, 11:45 AM
Registered Member

I like essential oils. I mainly simmer them for the scents (lavender is great for relaxation!). Also, like to make different creams & lotions.

But, I wouldn't give up my Neurotin or Baclofen for them!!

Give them a try. Your friend probably has lots of different "recipes" for different "effects".

There really are a lot of uses for the essential oils. Experiment and enjoy!
Old 02-24-2014, 12:31 PM
Registered Member

Thanks for the info!

I'm specifically curious about the medical applications/uses for the oils. In addition to the MS, I have asthma and allergies, and several times a year I get horrid sinus & respiratory infections. According to the promoters of the oils, the right ones (or combination of them) can prevent / treat / cure respiratory problems. It has me wondering....
Old 10-01-2014, 02:34 AM

I am reluctantly in love with my essential oils. I don't take any internally yet, but they have helped topically for a few things. When I had restless legs and some insomnia during my last flare, I applied lavender to my feet-that along with chamomile tea an hour before bed was the perfect combo for a decent night sleep. Currently I apply frankensense and myhrr to my lower back each night. Since I only half way buy in to this hocus locus, I used to sometimes miss a night or two until my husband correctly pointed out that when I skip it, I have more spastic back pain for a few days after. I'm working on finding an oil combo that achieves the same effect, at a cheaper cost though.
Old 12-09-2014, 08:25 PM
Registered Member

Essential Oils everyday!

I use essential oils everyday. There are some days that I am like a cat on a hot tin roof! Lavender does seen to help calm me down and helps me sleep. I have Lavender lotion and oil. I prefer to rub the oils on my feet. My daughter, who is 8, is not always fond of the scent but she understand why I use. I am not suggesting this is a cure all but I do know there are some oils that have helped with my chronic pain and anxiety issues.