No announcement yet.

Quick poll for all those on Tecfidera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been on tec for 6mos. I had mild stomach ache and some bloating at first. I do not have any side affects now.
    God Bless Us All

Comment

I've been on Tec 6 months. Never had anything except mild flushing, which still happens, but rarely.

Comment

Pretty Good...

2 months and 3 days...

Went through flushing and pretty awful tummy aches that only lasted a few days.

Now - just very random flushing...like it's weird - no pattern that I can find - just one day really bad flushing. I am sure if I kept careful track of diet and timing of the pills I would turn out to be related to what and how much I ate. It's just annoying - not bad enought to worry about.

Comment

Tecf wasn't for me

I was on Tecf for about 2 months or less. The whole time I was feeling nauseated and a week into taking the higher dose I the nausea was feeling worse. So I only took one of the two a day. I was having the flushing and itching alot especially when I started the higher dose. I had blurred vision and at the end I was vomiting alot. Thank goodness my doctor took me off of it. Said apparently I was having an allergic reaction to it.

Comment

Interesting thread!

1. Into my second month

2. Occasional flushing, and itching. Mainly I have experienced fatigue and GI issues which are beginning to taper off. My thirst has increased as well as my appetite. While the thirst is easy to balance, I am finding the appetite a tougher act to retrain.
            "Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it." ~~Rumi

Comment

8 months!

Been on Tec for little over8 months..only major side effect was horrible fatigue, balance, walking was worse. Lasted 2 to 3 months, but it went away! Thankful I stuck with Tec......so nice to be free of needles after 10 yrs!!!!!
              I do have flushing, but happens very infrequently.

Comment

Tec issues

I have been on for two months. Minor stomach and light flushing but the worst joint pain I could imagine. I am also on Copaxone and Steroids.
                The joint pain is all net and primarily located in the are of old sport injuries. The steroids make it go away for a few days but right back after that. Anyone else with joint problems?

Comment

Tecfidera

I have been on it for about 4 months and no adverse reactions that I know of, weaker but why is the question.

Comment

I am a newbie to Tecfidera. I took my first pill this morning. So I will be reading to see how others are doing.

Comment

Tecfidera poll

I've been using it for four months.
                      Still have to talk Prilosec for acid reflux, which is seriously messing up my sense of taste, but otherwise, flushing and abdominal pain are pretty rare now as long as I take it after a full meal..

Comment

4 months on 2x a day finally

Im at the 4 month mark. Every day, i still experience flushing and itchiness. Some days are worse than others but it only lasts about an hour, like clockwork,2 hours after each dose. However, it ismuch more tolerable now. I had a very rough start with stomach pain along with flushing and itchiness. I had to dc for 2 weeks, then start again only once a day. It took 2 months to get back to the 2x a day. But with all that said, I prefer it much better than the shots!!

Comment

5 months

I only had one day the first week with a little heartburn and nausea. Pepto cleared that right up. Maybe 7 episodes of flushing total and that seemed to resolve for the most part around the end of the third month. I took it with food for the first 2 months but I don't anymore and it hasn't caused me any GI problems. All in all, I love it! No more shots!

Comment

Joint Pain related to Copaxone

Originally posted by Kinger View Post
                            I have been on for two months. Minor stomach and light flushing but the worst joint pain I could imagine. I am also on Copaxone and Steroids.
                            The joint pain is all net and primarily located in the are of old sport injuries. The steroids make it go away for a few days but right back after that. Anyone else with joint problems?
                            I had progressively worsening joint pain which started in my hips and back after a couple months of Copaxone. It progressed to my knees to the point I was having severe pain if I tried to rise from a kneeling position. This was at about 6 months. I thought I was having early onset arthritis. Joint and back pain are listed in the side effects for Copaxone even though it is rare. After 3 days of stopping Copaxone my hip and back pain was totally gone though it took a little longer for my knees to return to normal. I am now on Tec and loving it!

Comment

Watch that itch

I was on Tecfidera for 6 months, after flunking everything, including Tysabri. Flushing never went away, but itching and red rashes started in month 6. Upper GI upset daily, fatigue, and much weaker legs than even when I had no DMTs in my system, in the interim between Tysabri wash-out and starting Tecfidera. I quit when the itching started, doc OK'd it, because of it being an allergic reaction, most likely. Even without this last little "gift", Tecfidera did nothing for me that justified the side effects.

Comment

Tecfidera Questionnaire

Been on Tecfidera for nine months. No remarkable side effects. Sometimes I feel extra warm about an hour after taking, but it is coinciding with menopause. Glad there are no more injections! Started Betaseron 1995 to 2011, I tried Gilenya but my blood couldn't handle it, then I was on Copaxone until Tecfidera was available. I have had MS since 1988.

Comment

Working...
                                X