Tysabri menstrolcycle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tysabri menstrolcycle

Hello has anyone had any problems with their monthly cycle while on Tysabri? I need to know if my birth controls are a problem or not but wanted to know if anyone else has had any problems while on Tysabri?

I have been on tysabri since March 2013. My cycles became very light following my initial infusions (from 3 days to 1 day). I think my neurologist said that I was probably in a category of about 4% of females whose cycles are affected. That was how I interpreted her statement.

Comment

mentrol cycle

Hello thank you for writing to my thread its just that mine has gone from normal 5 days to light for a week and half now so didn't know if it was normal I really just want to know if my birth controls would still be working. Did you doctor tell you if it effected your birth control in any way?

Comment

How old are you? Changes in length and heaviness of cycles can start to happen in the 10 years before menopause. Also, some birth control pills will cause lighter periods over time. Not to mention that stress, nutrition, weight gain/loss, and many other lifestyle factors can influence menstrual periods.

Personally, I would probably look to other reasons than Tysabri first.

But as to your question, you don't mention what birth control you're on, but if you're on the pill and don't miss doses, there's no (Tysabri) reason why it wouldn't still be just as effective.

Comment

I am 25 years old and I take my pill every day not over weight I just wanted to know if it could be the Tysabri.

Comment

I'm 45 but had pretty regular cycle until I went in Ty tow years ago. It became lighter, then sporadic. I last had it in June. I had to stop Ty in August because I'm JCV+ and my levels were high enough to put me in the 1 in 117 bracket for PML.

wondering if I'm ever going to get my period again. Now it could be premenopause, but the timing is pretty suspicious.
            Melissa Goerke
            [I]DX 7/2/10, Copaxone then Avonex, started Ty 9/13/11, JCV+ ended Ty 9/13, started Gilenya 12/13 Blood Pressure skyrocketed, started Tecifdera 4/5/14 - fatigue beyond bearable and symptoms became worse. Rituximab 8/8/14.....waiting for the miracle. I WANT MY TYSABRI BACK!!!

Comment

tysabri

Oh my gosh I am so sorry to hear that Melissa so what are you going to do with your medication now? I will just have to deal with the punches that are thrown to me with this new treatment.

Comment

Next stop is Gilenya. I'm not thinking it will be stong enough, but we are going to give it six months. If it fails I will go with Campath. Fingers crossed!
                Melissa Goerke
                [I]DX 7/2/10, Copaxone then Avonex, started Ty 9/13/11, JCV+ ended Ty 9/13, started Gilenya 12/13 Blood Pressure skyrocketed, started Tecifdera 4/5/14 - fatigue beyond bearable and symptoms became worse. Rituximab 8/8/14.....waiting for the miracle. I WANT MY TYSABRI BACK!!!

Comment

comparing meds

Hi folks....new to this, recently diagnosed. 5 days on tecfidera, not liking it. I wanted it since it's a pill. The flushing is rough and not on full dose yet. I'm reading a lot here for comparison. A lot of positive notes about tysabri. I'm wondering if I should try the tysabri instead. Don't think I can bring myself to take an increased dosage of this stuff. I get Hot, itchy, red, burning.......some say it goes away...some say it comes back. Not hearing much about the tecfidera improving ms symptoms. your experienced comments are appreciated. thanks....

Comment

Tysabri has very few side effects. However, one bad one is PML, and it can kill you. You need to be tested for the JC virus before you start it. I am not sure if you were tested for JCV before you started Tec...I think so. I hope you are negative. The day to day side effects are possible headache during first couple of infusions which can be warded off with some advil and caffeine, and tiredness (the caffeine helps with this.) That is pretty much it. Most people get a "high" from the first few doses of Ty. You feel really good. It tends to wear off after three weeks leaving you ready for your next dose.

The best thing about Ty is that it keeps the exacerbations at a manageable level. Maybe one per year...probably none. It is a good feeling.

The only thing is finding an IV site every 28 days. I have a power port-a-cath so I don't need to worry about sticks. I have bad veins so that is why they put one in for me. Its a central line.

Anyway, Tysabri is a good drug, with one bad side effect that they monitor you for diligently for.

Take care
                    Lisa
                    Moderation Team
                    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
                    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
                    Tysabri

Comment

Tysabri

Hello,
                      I have been on Tysabri for 4 months now and I tested negative for the JC virus thank god. I was on Copaxone and it didn't work for me needed a stronger medication because I got 17 new lesions in my brain so they put me on TY. It is good so far no side effects just the 3 days after the drug I am weak but then I get better I am able to see and walk a little more better. I would say if you are negative for JC virus I would try TY? good luck!

Comment

*** These past 2 months it's going downhill, the relationship with my body and the Tysabri is just 1 big war. Last month I had everything from sensation disorders to extreme nerve pain. Now THIS month my menstruation won't come!!

I'm NEVER late! And now I'm already 8 days late! I have light menstruation cramps but yet it does not want to come. I just don't know what to do, call my doc and see what to do about it? I don't take the pill, never have. Urgh this is really the only time I want my period to come so bad lol.

Profanity removed in accordance to MSWorld Guideline #4

Comment

I'm on day 13 and still have a normal period, I had to miss this cycle for pregnancy because my estrogen was over 200.

Comment

dexter, great name, I would definitely call your primary doc if u do not menstruate, and have a pregnancy test also.

I would also call neuro to let him/her know what is going on.

TC and GL

Comment

Day 17 and still bleeding through pads. Went to fertility clinic and got an ultrasound. He was going to biopsy me so I came clean about Ty. What a mistake! He looked at me like I was some kind of monster. The same medical professional who would look at me 60 years earlier like a monster for wanting a baby with MS at all! I digress.

Anyway he told me I wasn't going to bleed out, but that this irregular period could be a prelude to ceased periods because of Ty. I asked, no period, no ovulation? He said no and was still giving paternalistic hate look while I dug into his tissue box. STUPID MS! Oh, got onto the same elevator with me going down.

Comment

Working...
                              X