Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hcg diet??

Wanna do it to lose weight has anyone else done this with ms

I'VE DONE THIS DIET . NOT THROUGH A DOCTOR. I GOT MY HCG DROPS AT WALMART . PLUS I DIDN'T STICK TO THE ''RULE'' OF 500 CALORIES A DAY. MINE WAS 900 CALORIES A DAY OR MAYBE A LITTLE MORE. I LOST A TOTAL OF 10 LBS IN 2 WEEKS AND THEN PLATEAUED. IT TOOK AWHILE TO LOSE ANOTHER TWO LBS.

I ALSO JUICE FRUIT & VEGS WITH GREEN TEA AND PROTEIN POWDER. THIS DIET IS NOT A VERY SAFE ONE AS IT VERY LOW CALORIE. YOU NEED TO LET YOUR DOCTOR KNOW THAT YOUR ON IT . ITS ALWAYS BEST TO LET THEM KNOW OF ALL EXTRA MEDS , SUPPLEMENTS , DIETS WERE ON TO BE SAFE.

I'VE NOT BEEN ON THE DIET FOR A FEW MONTHS NOW. I DID HAVE A TIME THIS MONTH WHEN I PUT ON 10 LBS IN A WEEK OF WATER WEIGHT. I'D HAD A PROBLEM WITH TECFIDERA . I'VE SINCE LOSE THAT WEIGHT.

I'M PLANNING ON RESTARTING THIS DIET AGAIN AS SOON AS I'M OVER THIS LAST RELAPSE. FOR ME THIS DIET IS A CRUTCH. ONE HAS TO REMEMBER THAT LIFESTYLE ,HEALTHY EATING HAS TO BE APART OF THE CHANGE.

FOR ME I'VE CUT OUT 90 % OF SUGARS, 60% OF CARBS ,MOST SALT. INCREASED PROTEIN,VEGS AND FRUIT TAKE CENTER STAGE. ALWAYS LOOK AT THE INGREDIENT LABELS ON PACKAGING FOR HIDDEN SUGARS AND SALTS.

THE HCG DIET IS ONLY FOR (BELIEVE) TO BE DONE OR JUST A 30 DAY STRETCH THEN STOPPED.

BUT ITS NOT THE SAFEST DIET FOR AN MS-ER. EVERY DOCTOR WE WOULD TALK TO WOULD SAY THE SAME THING ONLY DIET AND EXERCISE IS THE SAFEST WAY TO LOSE WEIGHT . BUT HOW MANY OF US ARE ABLE TO EXERCISE NOW? I'M WHEELCHAIR BOUND .
    dx.SPMS (baclofen,gabapenin,norco)
    started tecfidera 7/10/2013
    rituxan 11/13/2012 stopped due to side effect &it didn't help me (for RA and MS)
    copaxone started 4/2012 but stopped due to bad allergic reaction
    Matt.19;26 “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

Comment

The FDA has put out warnings on the use of the HCG diet:
      http://www.fda.gov/forconsumers/cons.../ucm281333.htm

Losing weight has nothing to do with the HCG drops, you lose weight because of the low calorie intake (starvation diet).

HCG injections are used for infertility. I used HCG injections many years ago, I saw no weight loss but I did get pregnant.
      Diagnosed 1984
      “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

I want to add one more link:

https://www.endocrine.org/news-room/...tially-harmful
        Diagnosed 1984
        “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

I've known a couple (non MSers) who used this diet. They lost lots of weight, but ballooned back to their regular weight and then some once they quit.

500 calories a day isn't healthy.

Just My 2 cents

Comment

Working...
          X