Losing too much weight.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Losing too much weight.

Week 7 on tec. I do not like food. I have no appetite. I force myself to eat lunch and eat some kind of meat. 1 hour before I take my tec I take a naproxen, then at noon I take a probiotic and tec. I have tried a nausea med but I have horrible side effects. I snack as much in the afternoon as I can force myself to eat.

Here's the main problem----4-6 hours after I eat I throw up my daily intake (sorry if that sounds wrong but that's the easiest to explain.) it's like clock work. Has anyone experienced this and how long will it last.

My walk is bad. Someone on here said after her 3rd month she is doing better than she ever has. I am shooting for 3 months and hope that is what happens to me.

Am I alone on this? And what can I do?

Tecfidera

On week three and lost my taste for food also, nothing tastes good I have to force myself to eat so I can take medicine . My walking has deteriorated, I have tingling in my head and my balance has also been effected. I am going to try to make it another week, but if my symptoms don't improve I will not continue with Tecfidera.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddy123 View Post
      Here's the main problem----4-6 hours after I eat I throw up my daily intake (sorry if that sounds wrong but that's the easiest to explain.)
      Teddy that's terrible. As bad as it feels while it's happening you can't keep that up for very long or you run the risk of eroding your esophagus and even eroding your teeth. It's the same bad effects as in people who have bulimia (you can google the bad effects of daily vomiting).

Unfortunately the recommendation to take am aspirin or NSAID before Tecfidera can make the nausea worse because those medicines can be hard on the stomach.

Have your tried some of the ideas that other people have posted in other threads? Some people get relief by taking one of the medicines used to prevent acid reflux. Please read through them and let your neurologist know what's going on. Your PCP can prescribe a reflux medicine for you to try. I hope you feel better soon.

Comment

Naproxen is an nsaid (non-steroidal anti-inflammory drug). Tough on the stomach.

Hope you feel better.

Comment

Working...
        X