New to Copaxone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to Copaxone

Hi all. I was diagnosed with RRMS in June and after a lot of research decided to start on Copaxone. I had some not so common side effects. After about 5 days I started having flu-like symptoms, extreme fatigue and headaches. The nurse at Shared Solutions said that flu-like symptoms are not a normal side effect of Copaxone, in fact that is the one side effect it claims not to cause. After talking to my neurologist I am taking a week break from the injections. I will start again at every other day hoping that taking it slow will allow me to tolerate the symptoms. I am curious to know if anyone else has experienced these type of symptoms and if so did they go away after a period of time? Thanks for your feedback!

Hi, I am also pretty new to this. I started copaxone the end of May. It has been pretty easy for me. I did have the headache and some nose stuffiness but we finally said that it was sinus instead. I have had most of the site reaction stuff. But I do think that it is a great idea for you to try it every other day to see if you can work up to the everyday. Keep us posted on how things are going.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Karen. It's difficult to put this all into perspective when I started out feeling well then feel awful when trying to treat or should I say prevent this disease from progressing. I'm sure a lot of it is going to be a mind game until I start to have some serious effects from the MS. I am glad to hear you are doing well on the Copaxone. We are all different and who knows how we will respond to these drugs.

Comment

I have been on c for 3 years. Primarily site reactions only. You could check back on past threads for flu like symptoms; don't recall any...

J
        Diagnosed with MS spring 2010; Still loving life

Comment

Good experience with Copaxone

Hi, I just wanted to offer my own experience with Copaxone. I know everyone will have their own experience, but maybe mine can be helpful to you. I started Copaxone last September, 2012. In all the months since, I have not had any side effects at all, barely even injection site lumps. It was only in the first month that I noticed anything different, and that was in the form of moments of ridiculous fatigue. Never have I felt so thoroughly exhausted! But then it levelled and I have been cruising ever since. My neuro did recommend I switch Tecfidera anyways but that is because I started my first ever relapse on Copaxone a few weeks ago. I know some people that have never relapsed on Copaxone. I guess I was not one of those. Anyway, I hope it is smooth sailing for you!

Comment

Working...
          X