Tec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tec

I have not been here in quite some time as my husbands health went down hill and I was taking care of him. I had to stop taking Gilenya due to blood test results after 2 1/2 years on it and will be going on Tec after 2 months of being off Gilenya and tips, hints or advice would be greatly appreciated. Will not be staring Tec for another month. Thanks in advance.

Make sure you eat before taking the pill....good luck!
    dx 2002 rebif 2002-2013 Tecfidera 2013

Comment

I'm a bit over three months in, knock wood, no side effects from what I have read on this forum, take aspirin before, eat something shortly before, Zantac if you happen to get the heartburn, flushing feeling usually goes away after a few weeks. I also always stay very well hydrated. Good luck and God Blees!

Comment

Day 4

Today I started day four of 120 mg for Tecfidera -every day so far - 4 hours after taking it I have had severe flushing lasting a few hours, severe nausea lasting 2 - 3 hours, unstable walking, swelling of both feet, severe headaches and I can only guess what will happen with I start 240 mg in 4 days. So fat this stinks. Thanks for letting me vent, I appreciate it.

Comment

Hang in there. As we all know from all the various DMDs, streoids, etc. we have been on, it can be rough. This Tec thread has great info in it as far as how to best combat the side effects. Personally, I make sure to have breakfast (yogurt has been helpful) and something for dinner (whether cereal with milk or more yogurt -- only due to the fact I am a "party of one" and hate cooking!) before each dose. So far no need for Zantac (or similar) or Immodium (or similar) and I am on my second week of 240. While I do get the flushing, I have been having them for two years as I received the gift of menopause a bit early (yay, me!), and itching occurs infrequently and often in a weird spot (my heel?! the arch of my foot?!) Overall, doing ok! Remember that everyone's experience will be different but we can certainly try to get through it together

Be well, be optimistic, and ask questions!
          RRMS 10/07 Avonex 2/08 Tecfidera 7/13

Comment

Thanks MallyCT I will

Comment

MRSKEEBLER- I am so sorry you are having these side effects. I hope they subside soon.
              God Bless Us All

Comment

Thanks REG53 I hope so too.

Comment

Day 6 on Tecfeidera - so far it has been awful all 6 days - 4 hours after I have taken it severe all over flushing and burning, tingling,pins and needles left arm and hand, itchyness all over, swelling of both feet, nausea for most of the day and loss of appetite, restless sleep everynight, headaches (my advil seems to help this). Only hope this gets better as I am so not looking forward to start the 240 mg in two days. Thanks for listening

Comment

MRSKEEBLER- I am so sorry you are getting so sick. Do you pre-medicate?

I've been taking a 81mg aspirin and a benedryl about 1 hr. before taking a pill and eating right before. So far I have been doing ok. I am on day 3.

Again, I hope you get to feeling better.
                    God Bless Us All

Comment

I wish you were having better luck with Tec. I'm doing well overall after 2 months on Tec. Some light flushing and itching of the face about 2 hrs after taking, but it only lasts about 30 minutes. I developed an ongoing dry cough right after starting Tec and still have it. But my neuro does not think its related to tec...

Good Luck

Comment

Day 18

I am on day 18 of Tec, am now taking the 81 mg aspirin 1/2 hour before Tec, helped with the flushing but now I get severe chills instead, also abdominal pain has reared it's ugly head and the buring of my spine, shoulder blades and left leg are going crazy, still nauseated every day, appetitie in the gutter and overall feeling of sickness is really starting to get to me. Swelling of left foot continues and my legs feel like they are 100 lbs each at times during the day. tripping has become part of my daily routine now too. Thanks for letting me vent.

Comment

Tec

My right foot is swelling so much and my left foot also.
                          Feeling much worse taking Tecfidera, my walking is twice as bad on my right side which was always stronger. Stomach bloated and I don't feel like doing anything. Trying to hold on but this is my second month and each day is harder. Please vent anytime it is great to listen to others who understand.
                          Good luck to us all.

Comment

MRSKEEBLER- I do hope you start to get some relief. Have you talk to your neuro about having such a hard time?

Cchday-- Sorry you are having a hard time also.
                            Wishing you well.
                            God Bless Us All

Comment

Working...
                            X