Weight loss with Copaxone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weight loss with Copaxone

Has anyone on Copaxone had trouble with losing weight all over, not just in the place where the shot is given.

I have been on Copaxone for almost 5 years and have gone from 120 to 108 for no good reason. I eat like a pig but still losing my subcutaneous fat all over. I look like an add for an anorexia camp. Really bad.

I am thinking about going on Tecfidera but not sure of the side effects with that one either.

Just wondering if anyone else had the same problem.

Copaxone has been weight neutral for me for 8 years now.

Have you had a full workup to rule out other causes? Unintentional weight loss isn't something I would ignore. Good luck.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

Jules A, Thank you for your reply. My neuro thinks it could be from the Copaxone because where my shots are given my fat has gone away. I don't have many places left to give them.

She is testing me for JCV. If I'm negative then she will try to get me on Tec. I'm 70 and on Medicare with Humana as my Part D so not sure if they will OK it or not.

Hope you continue to do well on Copaxone.

Comment

Thanks for replying. Hopefully you will get some answers soon! Hang in there.
        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
        Anonymous

Comment

I never mess with pills when it comes to losing weight. If is doesn`t have some nasty side effect, it doesn`t work imo.
          Diet reviews/info: choppysreviews.com

Comment

Working...
          X