Dry mouth and mouth sores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dry mouth and mouth sores

Anyone experiencing dry mouth and blisters on tongue. My mouth hurts and its hard to talk. Blisters hurt and so does the back of my throat.

I've tried using bioten for my dry mouth, but its not really helping.

Any suggestions out there?

IMHO, I think you should schedule an appointment with your PCP. And I think you should also mention that to your neurologist.
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

I don't think it's Tecfidera related. The only thing I can think of it maybe it's lowering your immune system to the point it's affecting your mouth. Does your tongue have a white coating on it? Could be thrush. How long have you been on Tecfidera? Mouth sores can also be caused by stress. I get canker sores often when I'm stressed or worn out. These I get on my tongue and, yes, back of throat. I would try using Peroxyl by Colgate. It's a mouthwash containing hydrogen peroxide and helps speed the healing process of mouth irritations. Limit caffeine, tomato based products, sodas, etc. Canker sores can take a couple weeks to heal. If it doesn't get better in a that time, I would make an appointment with your dentist.

Comment

@Dreams008, I have been on Tec 1 week shy of 2 months. Sores started at the 6th week. It's really strange because it seems as though every time I take a pill, within 3 to 4 hrs afterward, my tongue and throat hurts. I can feel blisters on the sides of my tongue and when I look in mirrow, I can see white bumps on the side. Not many just a few.

I was wondering the same thing about it lowering my immune system. I do have herpes simplex and just maybe Tec is causing it to bear it's ugly head. Usually when I have an outbreak it is in the form of a cold sore on lip. Has never been in my mouth.

Comment

I am having the same problem

After 7 weeks my mouth and tongue are sore and sensitive. Almost like I had been on a super antibiotic. Is it possible that a probiotic could help? Has anyone on Tec tried or experienced the same?

Comment

Mouth soreness

I experienced the same sore of soreness and burning sensation around week 5. No oral lesions were evident. Had my dental hygienist check my mouth and she couldn't find anything. Spoke with neurologist and he wasn't concerned unless I developed sores. I would speak with your neurologist if you are getting cankers or herpes sores in the mouth. I also developed pimples on my legs around the same time. Both problems are subsiding now after about a week of problems. I think there are many side effects that are not listed.

Comment

Mouth soreness

Typo......meant to type "sort" instead of "sore".

Comment

Working...
              X