Do you ever cry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tracibk View Post
    Please, I have good cries.......but it usually makes me feel better....weird. I cry because I am not the person I used to be......cry for all the things I can't do anymore......cry because I can't do the things my kids want me to do with them.......I tear up typing this! I have the right to cry and I don't feel guilty about it. Then I think of all the things I am blessed with and I move on.....until the next cry Maybe have a good cry before you get to work? Best to you!!
    AMEN!!!!!!!! and AMEN!!!!!!!!
    Melissa--Betaseron 2007-2010; Novantrone 2008; Tysabri 2010-2012; Rituxan 2012; Tecfidera 2015; Currently-No DMD

Healer is my GOD!

Comment

Here I am thinking that I'm the only one!

So I've been diagnosed for what will be 2yrs in Nov. I've not posted a lot about it, on the boards or anything. It's because anytime I feel any new things or read anything about it I start to cry. I will be at work and open the internet and see something about MS awareness or something and it sets me off crying. The first year was REALLY REALLY awful. I couldn't walk into work and have someone ask "you okay today?" without breaking down and crying like crazy. I can't count how many times I had to leave just for the fact that I couldn't stop crying. I would be driving and just start crying. Lucky for me the crying has gotten better. I still break down now and then though.

Comment

[QUOTE TraciBK

Its like u read my heart. Amen n god bless. I too get real emotionally if someone is kind. And feel overwhelmed at work and co'worker insist on helping. I go hide n cry or just lossit out in the open. I am glad i read all ur posts im not crazy.

Comment

I wish I could cry but All I feel is a profound sense of grief which I'm afraid would overwhelm me if I ever let it out.

Comment

Originally posted by bobus498 View Post
            I wish I could cry but All I feel is a profound sense of grief which I'm afraid would overwhelm me if I ever let it out.

Maybe you just need to "let it out"!
            Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Pain & crying

I am bedridden & my family takes good care of me. But today I hurt all over. Some pain is in a very embarrassing place. I want to cry but people are coming in an hour. Maybe when they leave. I feel antisocial half the time.

Comment

I cry and once I start it takes a looooong time before I stop.

It's not all my own fun-packed symptoms of MS, it's a general sense of loss, and feeling bad because I've stuffed up other people's lives.

I try not to start, as best I can, because half of me thinks I'll never stop. It is very hard when people offer sympathy and kindness.

For instance, when Reverend Zoe took a look at me at a funeral I know she told everyone to 'please be seated' because she knew I couldn't stand for the (quite long) prayers.

I wanted to cry, but she was being so kind. Also, it wasn't all about me.

The whole thing bites the big one. The good thing about crying is it does eventually put you to sleep.

Comment

I really need to start being on here. I cry a lot and I don't like it. I never really cried often and I'm one of those people really uncomfortable with sharing my emotions. I was diagnosed January 2013. My best friend of 10 years/boyfriend of 2 years left me in March...on our 2nd anniversary...3 days before my birthday. I dealt with my diagnosis the best I probably could until my main support decided to vanish. It's made it so much worse.

One of the most comforting thoughts was I had someone who would be there to help me when I got sick again, or if I got progressive later on. I quit taking my medicine, Rebif, a few weeks after he left because it was just too much without him there to comfort me during the 3x a week injections (I have a phobia of needles!). I'll get back on it...just have to find a catalyst to help me do so. So I guess in conclusion, I'm a mess.

Comment

solipsist....I am so sorry!! But please don't stop taking your meds!! Talk to your neuro because there are several pills now for rrms. I was also on Rebif and switched to Tecfidera. Best of luck to you!!
                    dx 2002 rebif 2002-2013 Tecfidera 2013

Comment

Marti,

I wish it were that simple.

Comment

Me, too

Ever since this past March when I was first told that I "probably" had MS, and then especially after that tentative diagnosis was confirmed in May, I've found my emotions MUCH closer to the surface. I'm not sure why. Maybe because I'm much more aware of life around me, and the things that really matter.

I find myself tearing up not just when I experience MS-related pain, but also when I'm listening to a song that I've heard a thousand times but now moves me to tears; when I read about someone else's pain, someone that I don't even know and who I wouldn't have given a second thought to before; when I read a passage from the Bible that I've read countless times but had never moved me before; or when I reflect on how blessed I really am.

Yep, compared to my old, hard-hearted self, I'm a sniveling mess, and I love it!
                        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

RRMS, dx May 2013, on Gilenya from May '13 - Aug. 14
                        Currently following Dr. Jelinek's OMS (Overcoming MS) plan

Comment

Music ...

miwealia -- TOTALLY. The day my doctor told me that I probably had ms, I handled it well. He was surprised. I'd been researching though, so it wasn't a shock. Left the office, realized I'd forgotten something, came back and a specific song came on the radio that I've heard hundreds of times before. I utterly lost it, standing, facing the receptionists, with a waiting room full of people behind me. Good times, good times .

Comment

Originally posted by aspen View Post
                            miwealia -- TOTALLY. The day my doctor told me that I probably had ms, I handled it well. He was surprised. I'd been researching though, so it wasn't a shock. Left the office, realized I'd forgotten something, came back and a specific song came on the radio that I've heard hundreds of times before. I utterly lost it, standing, facing the receptionists, with a waiting room full of people behind me. Good times, good times .
                            HUGS.. may you also know better days.

Warmly, Jan
                            I believe in miracles~!
                            2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
                            Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Originally posted by miwealia View Post
                              Ever since this past March when I was first told that I "probably" had MS, and then especially after that tentative diagnosis was confirmed in May, I've found my emotions MUCH closer to the surface. I'm not sure why. Maybe because I'm much more aware of life around me, and the things that really matter.

I find myself tearing up not just when I experience MS-related pain, but also when I'm listening to a song that I've heard a thousand times but now moves me to tears; when I read about someone else's pain, someone that I don't even know and who I wouldn't have given a second thought to before; when I read a passage from the Bible that I've read countless times but had never moved me before; or when I reflect on how blessed I really am.

Yep, compared to my old, hard-hearted self, I'm a sniveling mess, and I love it!
                              I can appreciate all that you say and experience~
                              It IS shocking at first to hear the name MS.
                              Then we tend to go through the stages of grief..
                              Shock, denial, depression-anger, bargaining and finally, if ever, acceptance.

But know that yes we can become more sensitive when you have a challenging, life changing disease. and we're human, in the human condition.

Intellectually we may "know" and possibly accept this disease, but
                              Emotionally we are more susceptible to being more sensitive=pseudo bulbar effect=cry easily

BUT.. spiritually we can develop and grow...and even find hidden blessings as we accept this challenge this disease offers..(like it or not LOL)

Jan
                              I believe in miracles~!
                              2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
                              Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

yes - and it's ok

I don't cry as often now as I used to. A few years ago, someone expressing sympathy for my condition or looking at me with the "poor you" head tilt was enough to make me well up. I've learned to expect these reactions from others.
                                Now, I only cry when I sense my condition is getting worse. I have some days where I let it out and feel sadness, loss, grief, and then I pick myself up again. I think of my daughter and husband, also dealing with my disability, and it makes me cry.

Comment

Working...
                                X