Tecfidera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tecfidera

Just started. The first day I had pretty severe flushing and the next day horrible stomach problems. Lots of vomiting. Anyone have any ideas on how to handle this. Thanks in advance.

Some people have taken aspirin

with their doses and/or zantac to help with stomach upset. Perhaps having more food in your stomach may help.

Durastiger posted this advice and I'm finding it's helped me:

"Here are some pretty universal pointers for
    starting Tecfidera.

- Take AFTER your breakfast and AFTER your dinner.
    - Juice 2x a day.
    - follow a good diet SWANKS and or GAPS
    - Do take your vitamins, minerals and herbs
    - Flushing, itching bloated gut and gurgling stomach are common.
    - runny nose is kinda common also as is irritable bowls usually in the beginning so develop a bathroom plan that works in relation to your eating habit and tecfidera dosing.
    - I really think coating your stomach is important. I haven't had any major side effects just the flushing really. I have been juicing for a few years and while on Tecfidera I have stayed consistent with going to the bathroom after breakfast and taking the tecfidera. This is probably the hardest thing with starting tecfidera."

I've only taken 6 doses so far with one episode of flushing.
    But I did not have food with the dose nor was I well hydrated.

Good luck. I hope the side effect subside and you're able to continue with tecfidera.

Bree

Comment

My doctor indicated to take aspirin prior to your dose and it would help with the flushing. I believe he said 30 minutes before. I'm still waiting for my Tecfidera to arrive. I'm newly diagnosed and very anxious to start something.

Comment

Working...
      X