Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm so excited, did my first injection today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tecfidera went head to head on studies with Copaxone. It was actually the only drug tested against. It was determined that b.c. Tecfidera is 50% effective and Copaxone only 30% effective, that it's more promising than Copaxone. If you look up trials and studies on Tecfidera vs. Copaxone, you'll see the data on this. I'd rather take a pill twice a day that's more effective than have to inject every day.

Comment

I decided to re-read through many of the threads on this site with regards to Tecfidera. I suggest anyone considering Tecfidera should do so. Of course, some Copaxone users have their fair share of problems too.

Personally, I was very excited to hear recently that I could take a pill instead of a daily injection. But after researching both, I chose Copaxone. And I'm very happy with my choice.

Frankly, considering what diabetics have to do on a daily basis, one shot a day with Copaxone is not all that bad.

Keep in mind that those who use Copaxone over the long term, 10+ years seem to have the best long-term results.

Comment

Originally posted by MSLorrie View Post
        The nurse at the hospital trained me with the auto injector and I gave myself a shot in the arm. It wasn't bad at all! I didn't feel the needle at all and there was only a slight bruised feeling that lasted maybe half an hour.

No big deal at all!

Woo hoo I'm an MS warrior now, doing battle against MS with Copaxone as my weapon!

I went out to eat to celebrate afterwards!
        Wow. Good to here that. I'm not one fond of needles, but am considering copaxone because of it having the least side affects.
        Are you getting used to the daily injections?

Comment

"I'm not one fond of needles"

Me too, that's why I'm thrilled with the auto injector! It makes the injection really easy! The needle itself is extremely thin you likely won't even feel it.

Comment

bumps & lumps & and everything else

I have been on copaxone for 6 years with good results- no new lesions, minimal flare except fatigue. The shots were hard to get used to but it is important to keep at it as long as you chose this treatment.
            Don't be afraid to experiment, and most of all, develop a routine. I have found that icing the spot for several minutes before the injection reduces the welt, pain and itching. I also warm the shot under my arm to bring to body temp before giving it.
            I keep hydrocortisone ointment on hand for those times I do get a welt and itching.
            Good luck

Comment

I ditched the auto-injector after about 3 months. I had a few bad incidents of hitting a muscle... serious pain. Without the injector you get better control of the speed of injection. I never have welts now that i do it manually. Takes some getting used to though.

Comment

Another thing to keep in mind is that Tec is such a new drug that no one knows what the long term side effects are. Copaxone at least has a good track record and safety record. I am experiencing flu like symptoms from the Copaxone and after a week off it, to determine if that was what it was from, am starting it again every other day to built a tolerance to the side effects. Drugs react differently in every one. We must choose what works best for each of us.

Comment

Much Thanks

Originally posted by MSLorrie View Post

No big deal at all!
                  Woo hoo I'm an MS warrior now, doing battle against MS with Copaxone as my weapon!
                  I went out to eat to celebrate afterwards!
                  I AM SO GRATEFUL TO YOU FOR SHARING THAT POSITIVE EXPERIENCE YOU HAD WITH YOUR MEDS I AM CONVINCED THAT SHARING POSITIVE EXPERIENCES, BRINGS YOU MORE POSITIVE EXPERIENCES! I TRY SOOO HARD TO REFRAIN FROM NEGATIVE ENERGY---WE ALL KNOW THAT IF YOU HAVE MS, IT'S NOT AN EASY THING TO DO.

I just wanted you to know that your post brightened my day; much thanks. Also, I really like the way you celebrated, and took notice of, something that made you feel good. You were present in the moment... and that's what Life is; a series of moments. You hang on to that experience and don't be concerned about moments that aren't even here yet. Be Well
                  Shalom, Suzanne
                  You never fail, until you stop trying__Albert Einstein

Comment

[QUOTE=ElliotB;141605
                    I chose Copaxone. And I'm very happy with my choice.
                    Frankly, considering what diabetics have to do on a daily basis, one shot a day with Copaxone is not all that bad.Keep in mind that those who use Copaxone over the long term, 10+ years seem to have the best long-term results.[/QUOTE]

ElliotB, that positive attitude will carry you a long way. Thanks for sharing positive thoughts/outlook! Be Well.
                    Shalom, Suzanne
                    You never fail, until you stop trying__Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                    X