Decisions......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decisions......

I am a 35 year old female; who is on my 2nd relapse. First time optic neuritus-that was in 2010. This round, same thing. Left eye. Only worse this time.
    Got on steroids, it is clearing up now; I have seen the neuro, she wants me put on medicine as well as my husband. I am torn between Tysabri and Tecfidera. The Gilenya scares the crap out of me honestly. I was previously on Copaxone, which I hated, left indentations, and huge red marks and I lost so much weight. Not good.
    I am a very very active person, I live in Colorado, so I do anything out doors and have way to many hobbies! I don't have time to "be down" with the "flu like" symptoms etc. Help/thoughts/concerns? Anything would be helpful right now. I go back in 3 weeks, to get another MRI and she did take 6 vials of blood for random testing; JC Virus etc...
    Thank you!

Welcome to MSWorld, snipertay!! It's good you're here~ especially when trying to decide which medication to go on. Have you already checked out our Medication forum and the different sub-forums? You'll be able to read up on what others are choosing or rejecting, depending on a wide variety of experiences. What works well with some, doesn't fly with others!

I hope whichever you decide on works well for you! You'll probably do well with something that has less side effects so you can continue your outdoorsy lifestyle. I was on Avonex for 6 years while working. It really cramped my lifestyle on the weekends when we wanted to go on hikes, kayaking or camping... (I love the outdoors too )

Good luck to you and come back often!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by snipertay View Post
      I am a 35 year old female; who is on my 2nd relapse. First time optic neuritus-that was in 2010. This round, same thing. Left eye. Only worse this time.
      Got on steroids, it is clearing up now; I have seen the neuro, she wants me put on medicine as well as my husband. I am torn between Tysabri and Tecfidera. The Gilenya scares the crap out of me honestly. I was previously on Copaxone, which I hated, left indentations, and huge red marks and I lost so much weight. Not good.
      I am a very very active person, I live in Colorado, so I do anything out doors and have way to many hobbies! I don't have time to "be down" with the "flu like" symptoms etc. Help/thoughts/concerns? Anything would be helpful right now. I go back in 3 weeks, to get another MRI and she did take 6 vials of blood for random testing; JC Virus etc...
      Thank you!
      I am on Gilenya and love it. It's been over a year w/ minimal side effects of diarrhea if I am late on a dose, otherwise no problems. My advice would be to read about all the MS pills and the side effects. Message boards is also a great resource. Good luck and take care Tasha

Comment

Working...
      X