Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, recently found out I have ms. Didn't think I had it. Thought it was a pinched nerve. I've had numbness on my torso for 5 months now. Had my 1st Solu-Medrol infusion today. Wasn't bad. Only had the metallic taste as a side effect. (So far) I feel I have a positive outlook on this. I remind myself it could always be worse!

I was just diagnosed too. Had tremors in lower abdomen and my right arm went numb. Started feeling the symptoms in aug 2012 and finally got diagnosed march 2013. My doctor kept saying it was a pinched nerve, too, and since my brain MRI came back negative. I like your attitude! I try to keep the "could be worse" attitude too but some days it's tough. Have you been prescribed meds?

Comment

Welcome

Hello to both of you Lena B68 and aRiv..that is a good philosphy Lena, and a positive attitude ....Hope you both come back often.
      Take care
      Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

my symptoms started around 2 months after you ariv! i remember the first thing that happened was that i woke up and my stomach was numb. i remember thinking who has ever heard of your stomach going numb.

lena, i get you on your torso being numb 5 months. my hands have been numb for almost 6 =\ and that's always my motto with things `could be worse` or also `better than nothing`. but just like ariv said, some days its tough.

Comment

Each day is a gift.

It may not seem like each day is a gift when ur in the middle of a relapse. I try to remember that there are ppl worse off than me. I have RRMS. I did have solu-medrol on Friday. I still have the numbness. Thought it would magically disappear....silly me. Lol.

Comment

did your numbness at least go down with the solu-medrol? i thought the same when i was getting it =\ i cant remember when the numbness from my stomach went away but i'm pretty sure it was before that. but the numbness in my hands is still here and i wish it wasn't. i don't remember what it feels like for my hands not to have this numb feeling in them.

Comment

Originally posted by SelenaG811 View Post
              my symptoms started around 2 months after you ariv! i remember the first thing that happened was that i woke up and my stomach was numb. i remember thinking who has ever heard of your stomach going numb.

lena, i get you on your torso being numb 5 months. my hands have been numb for almost 6 =\ and that's always my motto with things `could be worse` or also `better than nothing`. but just like ariv said, some days its tough.

Were you Dx'd already? How are your symptoms now?

Comment

My numbness hasn't gone "away" yet. My paperwork process has begun so I can start taking BG-12. I checked w/ my insurance company regarding how much it will cost me. If I go to a retail Rx, a 30d supply will cost me out of pocket....wait for it....$2000!!!!! If I do mail order a 90d supply will cost me $95. Hmmmmm, no brainer there!

Comment

Hello and Welcome!
                  When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

yea i was diagnosed like mid december. i started the betaseron around February and i'm trying to get off of it now cuz its really bad for me right now. the side effects and injections are getting to me. gonna talk to my neurologist later on today about switching to pills possibly BG-12

the ms stuff is okay basically. my hands are still numb but not like completely. for a while they got so numb that i couldn't write or type correctly and kept dropping stuff -__- and that was really bad cuz it was last semester which was my first semester of college =\

Comment

Originally posted by SelenaG811 View Post
                      yea i was diagnosed like mid december. i started the betaseron around February and i'm trying to get off of it now cuz its really bad for me right now. the side effects and injections are getting to me. gonna talk to my neurologist later on today about switching to pills possibly BG-12

the ms stuff is okay basically. my hands are still numb but not like completely. for a while they got so numb that i couldn't write or type correctly and kept dropping stuff -__- and that was really bad cuz it was last semester which was my first semester of college =\
                      Good luck at the neuro! Let me know what happens.

Ugh that stinks. When I had my symptoms it was a little rough walking around campus because mine is very hill-y and my leg was really weak. But it seems like we're both around the same age and new to this so if you want to talk anytime, I'm here! Even though I'm a newb to all this lol.

Comment

Hi and welcome all new members on this thread. Regarding the IVSM, personal experience only... they stay in your body for quite a while so try not to panic if your numbness is still there.

I've had symptoms from a flare take longer than 1 year to return to normal, as well as some that cleared quickly, even 1 from my first attack in 2005 never return (sight in left eye), but even that took repeated attacks to become permanent so don't let that scare you.

Do you also have an oral dose for when the IV comes out? Lots of us find that to be really beneficial. How are you feeling now?

Jen
                        RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
                        "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

thanks i have the appt. later on so i'll post about that later and let you kno but yea i've started a treatment and planning to switch but i still feel so new to this.

just college is starting to get to me. well this one teacher because i've missed two exams. and one of them i was waiting for her to write an exam for me (cuz she's one of those professors that write whole new exams) and i asked her one week and she said she hadn't written it yet and to ask her next week. soo the next week i got hit bad with the side affects again so i was out on both days and apparently we had our third exam that week.

so i went up to her and she said she needed documentation about my sickness from the advisor which i've been trying to get but i havent been able to get to see my neurologist until today.

so i go up to her today and she tells me how she doesn't kno how ima make up two tests and take a final in such little time. and i said "well i could if you allow me to." and she starts saying "well i have to allow you but its not fair to me cuz i have to write two whole new tests just for you."

that got me soooo mad and hurt. this isn't my fault wth i told her, "i kno and i'm sorry but this isn't something i can control" and she was like "yea". and then told me well okay you can keep asking if i've had time to make the test. which i'm guessing is gonna end up being a no each time and then i don't even kno what i'm going to do.

ended up tearing up as i left when she said that. i'm sorry this post is long, i just had to write it out i guess. just getting so frustrated. =\

Comment

That's not fair at all, she's supposed to be understanding. That's her problem if she feels the need to re-write new tests every time..If you have a student with something serious like this going on you don't have to sit there and worry about them getting answers from people who already took it, just give them the damn test. That makes me so mad.

If she keeps talking to you like that I'm pretty sure I'd tell my advisor, and even now I'd tell them what happened, too. I'm falling behind too because of everything so you're not alone lol even though our situations suck. If worst comes to worst and you need to, ask about a medical leave or what you can do. I don't want to because there's only 2 weeks left in my semester, my grades are really sufferring but I knew that was going to happen with all of this. I'm just going to have to work my butt off in Fall. That teacher better stop playing and give you the tests -_-

And I just saw your post on my other thread, my family lives is Mercer co. and I don't think you're too far! You're the closest one I know with MS now lol I'm up for exchanging like facebooks/twitters whatever if you are!

Comment

Catmom, I don't have any other meds. No IV in either. I got the infusion then they took it out. Suppose to have another infusion May 17. I'll most likely have my BG-12 by then. Feeling depressed. My work performance is going downhill. I can't think. I feel consumed by this.

Comment

Working...
                              X