It appears that your MSWorld session has not been initiated or has expired. To renew your session, please click here, then click 'Logout' on the right hand side and log back in again.

Go Back   MSWorld Forums > MSWorld Message Boards > Limbo Landers and Newly Diagnosed
Register FAQ Calendar Guidelines Mark Forums Read Login

Limbo Landers and Newly Diagnosed This is a place for those who are still in "limbo" and those who have been recently diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis . A place to share your thoughts and experiences.

Old 03-02-2013, 05:00 PM
Registered Member

Sudden Leg Collapse

Hi all -- I experienced a more significant episode of a symptom I'd had (to a lesser extent) only a few other times. I was sitting in a church conference and when I stood to sing, my right leg collapsed. I fell to the side and caught my arm on the arm of the chair, but I couldn't get my leg to support me to stand. A couple of ladies helped get me in my seat. I had my leg lock up briefly a few times, but not like this. It was similar to a bad case of "asleep leg", but it felt different. After about 10 minutes I was able to stand, but my leg from the know down still feels numb. I know I have neuropathy, but I've never experienced anything like this before. Anyone have any input?
Old 03-02-2013, 08:53 PM
Registered Member

Hi,
I am sorry that things have gotten worse and your leg didn't work.
Something similar happened to me, but it was when I was sitting up in a tall chair for about 30 minutes. My right leg went to "sleep." It was a little numb. When I stood up,( I knew to hold on to the table) my right foot "melted" into the floor. I hope that was nerve type mechanical, rather than M.S.

Not sure.
Anyway, the feeling in my leg returned within seconds and I could walk tentatively again.

I hope your leg gets better.