Your NORMAL tempurature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your NORMAL tempurature

I noticed in chat, last night, that I am not the ONLY MS'er with a lower than normal "typical/baseline" tempurature.

This post is to gather some info from all of you.

Please share on here, your normal temperature (Farenheit or Celcius)

Personally, MINE runs 97.4F. My doctors do not seem to understand that THIS is MY temp when I am not running a fever and that 98.6F is ACTUALLY a low-grade fever for me.
    Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

I run 97.6°F generally, as do my kids, brothers and mother. I consider 99 point something a low grade though.

I asked my neuro about the body wide tingles I get when I manage to exercise and he said not to worry, as long as they go away after I cool down, since even one degree off my normal can mess with me. This includes any temps I might get with illness.

Comment

Mine is down in the 97s too.

Comment

97.4..... not sure if that means anything

Comment

97.1 that's me. That is my normal

Comment

Same here - around 97.1- 97.4! Even way before I hit the MS jackpot
            1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
            Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Wow! Yet another thing I thought was just "me"! My temp has always run low...usually 97.1-97.4 . My husband thinks I'm loony-tunes for saying I have a fever when I am in the upper 98's and low 99's! And he's the big bad EMT...imagine (as I'm sure you can) the impossibility of getting a doc to believe it! They may have a degree or two on their office wall but "I" am the one living in this body! Ha!
              Crystal

Success is a journey, not a destination

Comment

My pcp has never been worried about my low temps. According to this link, you only need to be really worried if it goes down below 95F.

http://www.riversideonline.com/healt...rs/AN01513.cfm

There are conditions (and meds), though, you might want to be mindful of.
                1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

temps

Hi, My Temp is between 97.1 - 97.4. and 98.6 would be a fever for me but the docs will never accept that.

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
                    According to this link, you only need to be really worried if it goes down below 95F.
                    My "normal" runs between 92.2 - 94. This has been the case since I was a kid and there has never been a anyone in the medical field who has voiced any concern.
                    Diagnosed 1984
                    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

My normal temp is usually 97.4. I noticed this since having MS.
                      "Irrespective of what happened yesterday or last year, and what may or may not happen tomorrow, the present moment is where you are-always!"
                      Richard Carlson, PH.D.

Comment

My normal temp is 97.2 to 97.7.
                        Anything above 99. is a temp for me.
                        SgrammieD

Comment

....hmmm...whatsay we all ask our neuros at next appointment ????

Comment

Mine is around 97.1 as well!

Lisa
                            Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
                            SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
                            Tysabri

Comment

Mine tends to run high closer to 99.

FWIW I don't worry about people with lower temps and don't consider someone feverish unless its 101 or higher.
                              He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                              Anonymous

Comment

Working...
                              X