Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking Gilenya and Ampyra anyone?

Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone is on Gilenya and Ampyra? I am currently on Gilenya but not Ampyra. I saw my neuro couple weeks ago and forgot to ask him about ampyra, if it would help my walking. Is anyone on both medications. If so, how did the Ampyra work for you?
    Thanks!

I am on both. Actually was on the ampyra first x 2 years and now the gilenya for 19 months. Yes it does help my walking some. every once in a while I think it doesn't and then I will miss a dose and can tell.

Comment

Thanks Blackcobra. I am going to bring up Ampyra with my Neuro next time I see him.

Comment

Yep, my experience is almost identical to Cobra's

Comment

I am also on both though I started Gilenya about 3 months before the ampyra there is no problem taking both

Comment

Thank you for your responses on taking Gilenya and Ampyra. Can I ask how the Ampyra has helped you?

Comment

For me ampyra has helped my walking. I don't trip as often only when I am tired. Good luck whatever you decide.

Comment

I am really hoping you do discuss using both medications. For me, I have been on both and am doing really well.

Comment

I don't walk much anymore, but the Ampyra helps in other ways. I was off it for 2 weeks and was so much weaker in everything I did.

Comment

Working...
                  X