Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tramadol?

Can you take baclofen or zanaflex when you are taking tramadol

My Neuro prescribed me Tramadol and I took Baclofen. But that was for me and He knew the combo of meds I take each day plus my Health condition. If the prescibing Doc knew of all the medicine you take and your health condition, it should be okay,but I would call PCP/Neuro First.
    I didn't get any relief from Tramadol. I took Nucynta in 2010 for a painful procedure. It helped with the pain.
    DXed MS 11/2005, SX started 1986. SX worsened 2003. Primary Progressive/Malignant MS. Copaxone til 06/06, Betaseron til 01/08, Novantrone til 11/07, Tysabri til 01/11 33 doses. Tecfidera 04/16-present. JCV+.

To God be the Glory!

Comment

I took Tramadol & Baclofen together.

I had a really hard time getting off Tramadol!

Sara

Comment

I have been on all 3 of those meds at some point and in some combination. I personally did not find any to be effect for my needs. Tramadol was a very weak substitute for a narcotic but was more effective than Tylenol. It did not make me sleepy in the least bit. I would be very careful with taking other meds with Zanaflex. It seems to be the one that causes the drowsiness for most.
        Talk with your Dr. or pharmacist if you have concerns about mixing meds.

Comment

Please forgive me for this non-MS related post... today my DOG just was prescribed Tramadol.

As soon as I saw the name on the bottle, it rang a bell... cause I saw it here! His first dose was this afternoon and now he's "stoned" for lack of a better word.

Can I be so bold as to ask what dose you take? Just curious.
          Jen
          RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
          "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Hi cat mom I was prescribe 50mg .I heard they used many drug that we use they use for animals why was he prescribe tramadol what did he have

Comment

I've used tramadol and baclofen at the same time, approved by the neuro. I've never taken zanaflex. The two enhance each other. They knocked me for a loop. I also take an SNRI in a low dose, and tramadol has a serotonin effect. If you take an SSRI, there is more of a concern with those two interacting, than with the baclofen.

I was pretty sedated on the combo, dizzy and had trouble with balance that day. Just be careful.
              It's not fatigue. It's a Superwoman hangover.

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Mom View Post
                Can I be so bold as to ask what dose you take? Just curious.
                Jen
                I was also RXed 50mg up to 4x's per day. It also says "(not simultaneously with Cymbalta)".
                I was on Cymbalta at the time.
                DXed MS 11/2005, SX started 1986. SX worsened 2003. Primary Progressive/Malignant MS. Copaxone til 06/06, Betaseron til 01/08, Novantrone til 11/07, Tysabri til 01/11 33 doses. Tecfidera 04/16-present. JCV+.

To God be the Glory!

Comment

Working...
                X