BG 12 anyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BG 12 anyone

Is anyone thinking of getting on BG 12 when it's approved. My doctor is thinking of that one or another one (the name of which I didn't catch) for me when they're approved. I've been on just prednisone (or Solu-medrol) as needed. I had tried all the others but had problems with each (well I haven't had Tysabri and was not able to have Gilenya - eye problems and low blood pressure)

I'm currently hanging in there on Copaxone (which does nothing to help me personally) waiting for this drug. Cant take inteferon as get very low WCC, allergic to Tysabri and Gilenya not recommended for those who react as badly as I did to inteferon. I just wish that they would get it approved NOW! :-)

Comment

I'm kind of in the same boat Mrs. Chip. Although, I seem to be doing ok on Copaxone. I was waaaiting on BG 12, but the shot eveeryday has been ok. So, we will see...

Sara

Comment

I don't plan to dive in. I'd rather wait & see how others do on it and see what the prices will be like & if Biogen will offer financial assistance.

It sounds promising & I would rather take an oral drug that could possibly help more than the injections. I haven't been taking the injections long & already they are getting old. Tired of bruises, sore thighs & scheduling my week around them.
        Diagnosed: May 2012
        Medications: Avonex - stopped 12/14
        Plegridy - starting 12/14

Comment

is Ultra B12 liquid different from the dosage of Ultra B12 shot

Is a teaspoon of liquid Ultra B12 different than the Ultra B12 shots they are referring to. I don't have a problem with receiving a shot every day. I did that previously several years ago with one of the MS prescriptions. I don't know if the shots they are talking about has a different dosage. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Marie,m
            You have misunderstood the thread. It is about a new oral prescription drug that has been undergoing the FDA testing for several years. You seem to be confusing BG12 with the vitamin B-12. Sorry, not the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Westgrl View Post
              I don't plan to dive in. I'd rather wait & see how others do on it and see what the prices will be like & if Biogen will offer financial assistance.

It sounds promising & I would rather take an oral drug that could possibly help more than the injections. I haven't been taking the injections long & already they are getting old. Tired of bruises, sore thighs & scheduling my week around them.

Westgirl - do you use the pen? It's so easy. If so and you are brusing, have you tried the shot in your arm? It's not specifically allowed, but if you're thin it works fine. Otherwise, the small manual needle works fine in the arm if you're too heavy.

I can't tolerate shots in my legs. For some reason, it hurts the whole week after.

Comment

Waiting on bg12

My neuro and I are waiting on bg12 as well. Been on copax for two years, was doing okay then my one c-spine lesion enlarged and my mobility went downhill fast. Solu medrol worked but only lasted a week. Neuro wants me to go to tysabri while waiting but will probably opt to wait.
                Diagnosed 9/2010, copaxone 10/10, avonex 10/12

Comment

BigA - yes, I am on the pen. Started out fine but I guess they are getting tired of being stuck. They don't hurt all week but I am bruising more.

I have heard some using the pen say the same thing, they start to notice more bruises after using it awhile, maybe from the force of it.

Anyway, the pen is the only option for me. I suffer extreme anxiety, near panic attacks, over seeing the needle go in so I can't do it manually & have nobody to do it for me. And I'm not thin so the arm is out. So, for now, dealing with the thighs. It's not intolerable, more of an annoyance at the moment. Hopefully it won't get worse than that.

Comment

It does hit with some impact and Avonex can make you bruise more easily. If you ignore the color, is it troublesome? Have you had your blood counts?

Alternatively, a nice ice pack beforehand is lovely. Give it a try.

Comment

I actually just had my blood counts about 3 weeks ago. I was nervous they would be off but everything was good. I've always bruised a little easy even before MS.

I'll just cross my fingers that the numbers stay good. I've been known to become iron deficient in the past so I have been making sure to take my iron supplements to help.

Comment

Yes! I am ready for BG-12! Ive been on Copaxone as I am scared of the flu-like symptoms and more serious side effects of all the other drugs. I haven't been taking it regularly anymore though- the daily shots are a real drag. Each one hurts for a week, so by the end of a week you have 7 spots that hurt on you in addition to the baseline MS symptoms that I have. I feel so guilty not doing the C but it's hard to poke yourself every single day for a drug that seems to be, at best, a crap shoot.

Comment

I am so ready for this drug to be approved and released! The Tysabri is keeping me stable, but it's getting harder and harder to find a vein that they can poke (and this is after only a year) - they just keep rolling and getting scarred up. So I want to finish my Ty experience, and there aren't any CRABs I can go back to. My doc doesn't want to me on to Gilenya yet.
                          Diagnosis: May, 2008
                          Avonex, Copaxone, Tysabri starting 8/17/11

Comment

My husband is just receiving his 65th infusion of Tysabri today. He is going to try BG-12 as soon as it's out. His Neuro is encouraging him to go this route.

I just saw this news release from Biogen.
                            http://www.biogenidec.com/PRESS_RELE...&ReqId=1747042
                            Looks like the FDA asked for a extension of 3 months for review but didn't ask for any more data. Guess this is a good thing.

My husband has done well on Tysabri but in the last few months his walking has worsened. We don't know if this is because of his back or what. We're working on it
                            Husband Dx'd in 2006. Currently on Tysabri, Gabapentin, Ampyra, Baclofen..

Comment

BG 12

I had been on Copaxone for years. I was encouraged over a year ago to make a change because I was continuing to need IVSM. My neuro doesn't think C is keeping up with my progression.

My neuro finally decided on Gilenya and I quit C last February. A few months passed as I had the testing and then needed Chicken Pox vaccines.

Finally ready to begin, and the FDA made changes and my clinic wanted to make additional changes.

Soooo I haven't been on anything since late Winter and have had to have IVSM 3 times.

Decided last month to wait it out for BG12. Hope this makes a difference.

An additional note, I did ask my PCP for bloodwork because I had also stopped my fatigue medicine because I felt they were no longer effective either. My bloodwork showed low Vit D (again) and low B12. Maybe these are adding to the mix.

Comment

Working...
                              X