CARBIDOPA/LEVODOPA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CARBIDOPA/LEVODOPA

I am a PPMSer since 1997 and age 66. The last 2 years I have been having long lasting foot jerks, about once every minute. Most of the time they last 1 1/2 to 2 hrs, then go away. Took muscle relax. like candy but was warned not too many and they didn't seem to work anyway. Doopy nurse said "Ride them out."

Sooo, I rode them out. 2 or 3 times a day. Day after day. 2 weeks ago I had a left leg jerk that lasted 4 hrs! That was IT! Called neuro and said something needed to be changed. I can't walk anymore and have to transfer by myself often, and have been sliding to the floor more.

Realized it was because my legs strength was worse cause of the long lasting jerks. I have a button round my neck for help so not really a problem getting help to get back in my chair.

After calling neuro they called back saying they had called in a med at phar. for a new script. It was carbidopa/levodopa. Keep it in my system 24 hrs. with 1/2 pills and whole pills -3 a day - and mircle happened.

Jerks stopped, sleep uninterrupted, strength for transfering. Lovely, lovely. It's really for Parkinsons, but sure worked for me. Anyone else using it?

I'm glad you have found relief! The jerking sounds awful!

Sara

Comment

Great that it works for you. It is a drug that was frequently used for restless leg syndrome, not anymore though as there are better drugs. I have RLS, but use a new drug Horizant (it is a form of gabapentin though works differently) for it. Ropinerole would normally be used before Levadopa.

Comment

Working...
      X