Neuropathic pain meds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neuropathic pain meds

I don't use a med for neuropathic pain all the time because fortunately it only pops up from time to time for a few days.

But it's been hitting me hard this week, arms, legs, feet...that burning/cold feeling. I have Lyrica on hand, but I've know this from past use, but it's causing more problems this time...it raises my BP. Since that's a problem area for me, I've been uses it when necessary and it's not doing much for the pain, but causing me to have my outrageous bp spikes (thought this morning I'd have to call the ER, but the clonipin kicked in finally.) So in the meantime, I sitting here trying to distract myself from the "cold" feelings.

Got a call into my neuro, to see about changing, but I'm allergic to neurontin and tegretol (rash for both of those)...so what else is available that folks have found helpful.

I never found the Lyrica super effective, it took the edge off, but I used it in a pinch. This is a bad bout, usually it stays confined to my feet, but my arms and legs have the "freezies."

So anybody else use a good med for neuro pain.

Wow, needed to reread that, so many typos...clonidine, not clonipin for the BP.

Comment

You may want to try Topomax, but according to my MS doc, it can cause cog fog. Also, you could try amitryptiline, but I didn't have much success with it. I'm tapering off of it right now and my nerve pain will essentially be untreated because of all the meds I'm already on, and I'm allergic to Lyrica.
      Diagnosis: May, 2008
      Avonex, Copaxone, Tysabri starting 8/17/11

Comment

Have you tried combining Amitryptiline with Lyrica? I take 25 mg. of Amitryptiline with 75 mg. of Lyrica and find it works well.

Comment

Working...
        X