ggggaaajhhhhh pain in legs please help:(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ggggaaajhhhhh pain in legs please help:(

For the past two days my thighs have had this god awful burning/cramping/spasms/dull aching in them and I don't know what to do I've been popping midol and stretching and punching them lol but its horrible I can't concentrate on anything else guuhhh does anyone else have this or have any tips??

Call your neuro for some stronger pain meds and to find out if it might be something more serious. Try some ice packs in the mean time.
    Dx 12/2006; first symptoms about 1984, but maybe earlier--on Gilenya and Ampyra.

"God has a lot of explaining to do"--Frida Kahlo

Comment

No help

I am no help. I live with this and have for almost a year. I am heading to a physiatrist soon, but my appt keeps getting pushed back due to meetings. It is not only in my thighs though, but also in my lower legs. I get woken up at night due to the thigh pain though. It is miserable. I am hoping he can tell me new stretches that might work or a new combo of spasticity drugs that will work. The spasms are ridiculous! Much luck to you. I will check in after my appt, but it isn't until almost mid sept.
      RRMS 10/2011 Sick and tired of being sick and tired!

Comment

Sounds like it could be spasticity? Call your neuro and ask him/her about anti spasticity meds. In the meantime try some stretching exercises for your quads...you can google some.

Hope you get some relief.

Comment

This sounds like the pain I have had in my legs for about 5 years...My neuro put me on Baclofen in January and it has done wonders for the pain. I still do have some, but nothing like what I had before. I never even knew I had spasticity until my neuro asked ME about my pain.
          DX 10/26/11

Comment

spasticity

That definately sounds like spasticity to me. I can soooo relate to your "punching" comments.

I can get myself into the most unusual positions trying to stretch out those muscles. And the littlest movement can set off the spasms at times.

At one point, I was on over 120 mgs of Baclofen a day and Zanaflex at bedtime. This still didn't control it; and I would feel fuzzy headed without the benefit of relieving the symptoms.

Over three years ago I was implanted with a itb pump and it has been so much better. I still have breakthrough spasms and pain, but much more manageable.

Please ask your doctor about what would give you some relief. Good Luck

Comment

Spasticity

This really sounds so familar to me. I can especially relate to punching your leg for relief.

I used to be on over 120 of Baclofenand Zanaflex at bedtime. This still would not give me relief.

A little over 3 years ago, I received a baclofen pump. It has been such an improvement.

I still have breakthrough spasticity, but it can be helped with additional oral baclofen.

Please ask your doctor if they will prescribe something for you. The longer you go without quality rest and relief, the spasticity seems to ramp up.

Good Luck and Take Care

Comment

I also have brutal lower leg pain - sometimes if it gets totally out of control, it travels all the way up my legs and into my butt. I was on 30mg of baclofen nightly and then took most of the pain away so I could sleep. She just changed me to Zanaflex - didn't work at all and my cramps were back with avengance. I stopped the Zanaflex and went back to the baclofen - I think it needs to build back up in my system again though....
                Julie
                DX 11/9/11
                Rebif Therapy 12/13/11

Comment

I only have two suggestions: make sure you are drinking enough water. My legs cramp up when I don't drink enough water. You might be surprised how much that helps. And secondly, physical therapy seems to help me, with stretches, and balance exercises. Try PT?

Comment

spasticity

I am currently taking 80mg of baclofen daily and it is no help to me whatsoever and the spasms keep getting worse. I know that is not the case with everyone. Is there anyone that takes a combination of drugs? I have a strong suspicion that my physiatrist is going to suggest the baclofen pump. I had a strong opposition to that at the beginning of my diagnosis, but now, I am willing to do anything!

Comment

I suffered constant awful leg pain. It is so bad I could not concentrate nor sleep. To keep a long story very short after the Lortab quit working my PCP rx BUTRANS. It's a patch and it is God Send. Ever since I have started wearing that patch the pain is non-existent. It about 2 days for the medicine to get into my system but once it did WOW!

Now that being said it is not for short term pain. It is used for chronic pain that does not respond to other medications. If I remember corredtly it's active ingredient is buponephrine which as I understand is a derivative of morphine.

Good Luck to you!! I know how horrible it can be.
                      Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
                      Babe Ruth

Comment

I have those same pains from the top of my thighs down to my ankles. It gets really bad when I have been on my feet to much in one day. I use a moist heating pad that was made for backs. It is rectangle and has velcro to keep it wrapped around my legs or thighs. I also keep my legs elevated. If you have a tens machine that can help too. I hope you get some relief.

Comment

tens machine

What is a tens machine?

Comment

Magnesium. I actually started taking magnesium supplements with my old neuro when that was the only thing he would advise while adamantly insisting that my pain was not due to MS. I do now take neuro tin as well, but if I don't keep up with the magnesium, it's not enough to handle my pain.

Comment

Sounds familiar

I have pain in my thighs, hips and buttocks. It really starts annoying me around 2pm everyday, no matter how much I sit, walk, stand, stretch, exercise, or lay down.

As I have several lesions on my cervical spine, lumbar spine, and of course several in my brain and one in my brainstem, I suppose some pain is to be expected.

I started out with tylenol, then gabapentin, then baclofen, and many others in between. Now Dr is talking about narcotic pain meds. This is not a good thing.

But I meet with him again this week and hopefully we will come up with a better plan.

Anyone had any success with acupuncture, acupressure, or hypnosis for pain? I've tried whirlpool baths, heating pads, cooling pads, ice, PT, and traction. I do get some relief now and then from each of them, but it only lasts while I am receiving the treatment.

So, 3uph0riabunnyfac3, as you can see a lot of us are 'feeling your pain' but don't have much in the way of a good answer. At least you know you aren't alone!
                              Echo
                              DX 2007 Started Ocrevus on 2/14/2018

"Some where over the rainbow...."

Comment

Working...
                              X