burning sesation of skin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

burning sesation of skin

does anyone have burning almost feeling like skin is on fire in legs or around groin area. if so what can be done about it

Yes I get the same and was put on Neurotin but it does not help. My feet legs and buttocks always feel on fire. I hope someone will come on and give some tips. I can say instead of Neurotin I am currently taking sublingual vit b12 and it does help with the hurting and pain in my legs.

Comment

For me its on my back and chest. About the same time last year it was left leg.

Its good to know you arent the only one

Comment

Originally posted by charmed1199 View Post
        Yes I get the same and was put on Neurotin but it does not help. My feet legs and buttocks always feel on fire. I hope someone will come on and give some tips. I can say instead of Neurotin I am currently taking sublingual vit b12 and it does help with the hurting and pain in my legs.
        I too have burning sensations in my feet and lower legs that leads to numbness, but it feels like the burning is coming from the inside. Neuro said it is dysesthesia from the MS. I tried Gabapentin, but it didn't work for me, so I tried Lyrica and that really helps with the burning in that sometimes I feel almost normal. That being said, Lyrica does have side effects like weight gain and some lightheadedness, so it's been a trade off for me. Hope this helps!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dysthesias

Comment

I get the "On Fire" feeling on my hands, feet, back of my head & sometimes cheek.
          It's not always together... Sometimes just 1 foot or feet & hands.... Yes, every now & then groin.

My SSI was approved therefore as soon as I get my insurance I will be getting something for it if there is something...
          Dx MS Aug 2010 (after 2 years of searching)
          Started Copaxone Aug. 2010

Comment

Burning toes and down front part of leg..
            limbo land for 1 year and 4 months DX February 2012 Copaxon February 2012 for 6 months. No DMD's since.

Comment

Me Too

Hi there,

Yes I've had that in various places both as part of a relapse and some now permanently.

My Doc put me on Cymbalta (Duloxetine) a year ago and its made a big difference to my sensory symptoms and pain.

I believe Neurontin and also Carbamazepine can be helpful too. Don't suffer in silence as there are things that can help

Hope this helps

Comment

Count me in!

Just thought I'd chime in here.

I don't know if this is the same thing but a few years ago the whole left side of my back felt literally like I had 3rd degree sunburn. It was oh so painful. I kept looking to see if there was anything there and, in classic MS style, there wasn't. Couldn't sit. Couldn't sleep. Certainly couldn't hug.

Finally broke down & went to ER. It was definitely the MS and, also in classic MS style, I DON'T REMEMBER WHAT THEY GAVE ME FOR IT. lol lol

The sensation is still there, albeit not as bad, but it is constant now. It bothers me that if ANY one touches me on my back I gasp and pull back. Cuz it feels like sunburn. And it hurts. After all these years, my friends and family understand, but if I run into someone I haven't seen in a while - well, you know how that goes.

I've just learned to live with it. I've been on so many drugs for so many "annoyances" over the years I just "get over it". But yes, it hurts, physically and emotionally. Hugs used to be a good thing.

Hope things work out for you. And keep fighting the fight.

Comment

New sx for me ...

In the past few wks I have developed a "sunburn" sensation on the tops of my feet/ankles. Not bad enough to ask doc for meds though.
                  DX 10/2008
                  Beta Babe 12/2008-07/2013
                  Tecfidera 07/2013-01/2018
                  Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

Comment

Yep

There's a patch on each thigh that burns - patch down my right arm that burns - and feet if I'm on them, burn like they are on fire. I don't have any answer for what to help except rest - that seems to work every time.
                    Peace, Love, Laughter
                    michele - dx 2012, 1st sx 2000 - starting Copaxone 7/2012

Comment

sunburned feeling

I have had a feeling of a severe sunburn on my back for the past week and half - no rash or redness, just terrible burning - anyone have any relief for this? I am miserable!!!

Comment

Zoster Sine Herpete

Simply translated that is Shingles without the rash. The symptoms include burning and pain on the skin (plus it can include fever, fatigue and flu like symptoms) that is usually confined to a specific area, mine is the top of my foot going up my leg some to a point. These areas are called Dermatomes and they each correspond to a nerve starting at the spinal cord. There is lots of online info and you. can even look up a map of the Dermatomes.

It surprises me that more Neuros don't consider and treat this.

It doesn't surprise me that so many people with MS have symptoms like this because of the neurological connection and the amount of stress in our lives and how that effects our immune system.

Antiviral meds have helped me some. Good Luck - M
                        M.
                        A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
                        Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                        X