1ST REBIF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1ST REBIF

Ok, I just want to know is it unusual to have a severe headache, other than that I had no other problem.

I was so scared and it wasn't bad at all. If it stops or slows the progression I can handle it.

I only am on the 8.8 mg. so I know it may get a little tougher.
    DIAGNOSED=2012
    ISSUES LONG BEFORE
    REBIF 1 YEAR

Side effects such as headaches are common for those of us using interferons. In my case (with Avonex) the effects were most severe in the first shots. A regiment of hydration and over-the-counter meds (such as Tylenol, Advil, Aleve) can help mitigate those headaches and other flu-like symptoms.

I am glad you are able to battle this disease, and that shot #1 was relatively uneventful for you.

Comment

Dehydration can make a mild reaction worse. It is possible you were dehydrated and got a headache from that. Sounds like you might have stressed yourself out a bit about it. That's normal. Hang in there.

I am on Rebif as well. Haven't had any hugely bad side effects. I guess I've been lucky!
      Sapphire's Gold - If I can't be graceful, at least I'll be entertaining.

Comment

Headaches have been one constant thing with my MS over the years usually severe. In the beginning of starting my Rebif I got some slight headaches but they went away. I do make sure to hydrate well on shot day and take 2 Ibuprofen a hour before my shot and I also take an Aleve with my shot. I never get a fever till the next day and just take an Aleve in the morning and than am good. Good luck with your shots and hopefully you will have no side effects.

Comment

Headaches

Hi Mercadies!

When I was taking Rebif, I had a lot of headaches as well. I found that taking either tylenol, advil or motrin before the shot helped minimize the headache. I also started doing the shots at night in effort to sleep through the side effects. I read a lot about it here and found that many people find the side effects get minimized over time as your body gets used to the medication.

Comment

Working...
          X