Botox , anyone ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Botox , anyone ?

At my last visit to my neuro he suggested Botox injections for my spasticity ( which is getting to be a problem as I drag my left leg like a tree stump ). I am wondering if anyone has tried this as I can't seem to wrap my head around how it would be helpful.
    Any thoughts or comments would help. Thanx .

I had botox injections in my calves in January and March. In January, the next day my calves felt not as tight but did not improve my walking at all. The March injections never kicked in, and she increased the dosage!

I would still try it if I were you - you may have better luck. The nurse told me that the more injections you have, the better the results will be and they are cumulative. I'm hoping in June the results will be better.

Good luck to you, and I hope it helps you!

Comment

I had several rounds of Botox a few years ago and found them very helpful. I don't know if they helped with walking but my leg felt much more comfortable after & I needed to use less Tizanidine.

Comment

Originally posted by laura g View Post
        At my last visit to my neuro he suggested Botox injections for my spasticity ( which is getting to be a problem as I drag my left leg like a tree stump ). I am wondering if anyone has tried this as I can't seem to wrap my head around how it would be helpful.
        Hello Laura, do you get foot drop, does the Botox help this, I may google it

Comment

Yes , lou - lou , I do have foot drop and wear a afo . Have not deceided on Botox yet .

Comment

About to have 4th round of Botox

First time he gave me 500mg instead of full 1000. 2nd time could feel difference. Had 3rd with calves done. Legs lighter to lift per my helpers. Expensive but Medicare covers, Have an expert do it. My Dr. is a Physiatrist and has done over 6000 injections

Strongly recommend it!

Comment

Originally posted by laura g View Post
              Had botox in my lower back for pain .. it was unbelieveable .. I was in pain for 14 months, severe at times ... it was gone ... I could not believe the pain was gone!! I will get botox every three months .. highly recommend it. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
              X