Searching for answers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Searching for answers

This is my first post here...still trying to learn about this community!

I'm hoping to hear some wisdom and suggestions about my situation:

I am 29, and a little over a month ago, my right leg became numb and tingly, and I also had a complete loss of bladder control. The numbness has continued with also some bizarre feelings of vibration in my legs, while the bladder control has come and gone. I have some slight visual disturbances (blurring). I also have extreme fatigue, but that is not really new.

Neuro suspects MS. MRI showed two lesions on my brain, but spinal cord was clean. I did a visual evoked potentials test a couple of weeks ago, and a lumbar puncture yesterday morning, so I don't have results from either one.

Based on blood tests and symptoms, we have ruled out B12 deficiency, lupus, diabetic neuropathy, and thyroiditis. Anything else I should be pursuing that can mimic MS?

I know this will probably be uncertain for a while, but I'd like to at least rule more things out if I can. If you have any wisdom, I'd love to hear it.

Thank you!

You'd also want to get tested for Lyme...they say it's one of the main mimic diseases.

Comment

The onsite sages (Redwings & Sequoia) may correct or expound on this but the lumbar puncture sealed the deal for me. Best of luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas Jackson View Post
        The onsite sages (Redwings & Sequoia) may correct or expound on this but the lumbar puncture sealed the deal for me. Best of luck to you.
        To Wkikta and other sages I forgot-forgive me , cog fog , afterall , I am replying to my own post!

Comment

Thank you for the comments. And apparently they checked for Lyme disease already. Forgot to add it to the list!

I appreciate the input!

Comment

I actually teseted postive for lyme and after no repone from antibotics and a second test for lyme that was negitive and many months later ms dx.
            Anita

Comment

Working...
            X