Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one with THIS embarrassing problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I the only one with THIS embarrassing problem?

I just read two threads that vaguely relate to my "problem." Since this past summer, I have gone through phases when I am very (ok HYPER) sensitive in the pelvic region. In other words, I find myself feeling "aroused" and wanting "relief" (or satisfaction?).

It's actually very distracting and not as "fun" as I first thought it may be. I've been on antidepressants for a number of years to help fight the sx of perimenopause. They tradeoff was a significantly decreased libido. It was actually fine, because my hubby has type 2 diabetes and his meds do the same with him.

After some pretty embarrassing doctor appts. and even an email to the MS nurse I was seeing, I am still back at square one. Lidocaine was prescribed, but not at ALL effective. The actual sensation is most definitely coming from a nerve; not the outer skin/pubic area.

PLEASE tell me I'm NOT the only one to experience this. Plus, if you know of any meds to help with this embarrassing predicament, would you let me know??

I have seen a show about women who have a disorder where they are hypersensitive all the time. They end up "taking care of it" to find releif. I can't remember the name of the disorder, but obviously if it's anerve prob it has something to do with MS. Are you dx yet?
    I had buzzing in my groin area that thrw me for a loop. It turns out that SO many women with MS have that issue.
    I just wanted to say there is no way you are alone and to look up info on a disorder having to do with hypersensitivity or overstimulation....again I cant remember the name of it. Not saying you have this disorder...just thinking you might be able to find info to help. I think the show I saw was on TLC (??).
    ~seeuinct (Connecticut)
    Dx the first time: 10/25/11
    Avonex 1/12-10/12
    Revaluation of Dx 10/12
    Rediagnosis 7/14

Comment

Thanks. I did look it up once before and found a gynecological disorder, but my pcp (also my my gyn.) didn't seem to find any problems other than a POSSIBLE yeast infection.

I brought it up to my neuro when I went on Thursday (odd that this is basically the ONLY active part of my body; even while going through a flare ). He wrote down two meds; one is OTC and one is rx.

When I got home, I looked up the first and was disappointed to see that it was a topical cream. I have already tried: creams for vaginal itching, 3-day tx for yeast infections, and a rx for Lidocaine cream. None of those worked, so why on earth would this one? Especially if rx Lidocaine ointment didn't help.

However, I did see some info. on a thread by jumpinjiminy about the same problem. Think I'll check it out.

Thanks for your input! I appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
      X