Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have urine retention/hesitation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

0485c10.........
    (Sorry I should have followed up your posting sooner.)

The second biopsy WAS done while under, that is WHY it was done at the hospital. Much better!

My kidney function has been in an overall decline, it varies. Last summer/fall my MS neuro tried to get me cleared for ampyria. MY kidney function had been marginal so new testing. That came back worse, so they did ultra-sounds of my kidneys last week. I have a renal clinic in late Feb, is hope to find out what next.

Since I have BPH, diabetes and MS, any or all, or even something else could be the cause, hence my interest in following this thread.

Gomer

Comment

Thats the problem I am having now. I feel the urge to go and then I sit and nothing comes out. Sometimes I turn on the water faucet to try and go. I have lots of pressure but very little comes out. Does it sound like I need to cath
      Dx with RRMS :April 2007
      Meds: Copaxone

Comment

That sounds EXACTLY what I was going through. I would definately talk with you doc about it. I am now self cathing 4x per day due to that same reason.

I was scared at first but after finding the correct size catheter it's a piece of cake and actually oddly empowering that I no longer sit there and "try" to go and can't and no more pressure and pain.
        Love, Laugh, Live...in this order
        Dx'd 2-24-11 - Baclofen 60 mg/day 5-11, LDN 4.5 mg/day 9-24-11, Cymbalta 60mg/day for pain 11-11

Comment

Kidneys, BP & urine retention/hesitation?

Does, or can urine retention/hesitation have an adverse affect on blood pressure or kidney function?

About a month ago my BP became a bit erratic, sometimes good, sometimes rather high. MY BP had been doing so good for a while my fam doc lowered my lisinopril back in Nov. MY BP held good and stable till mid Dec. When my BP became symptomatic, I tested and it was high, so I went back to previous dose. That was not enough so I upped it some more. That seemed to bring my BP back into line, mostly.

I recently had an ultrasound (kidneys and bladder) and report noted mild bladder distention.

I am not getting up during the night to void, stream and frequency varies somewhat. In the morning I may go 2 or 3 times to before things seem to settle down. On a rare occasion I have had problems holding it, but not too bad or often. Once in a while small leaks, no biggie, and sometimes I go ALL or almost day w/o voiding.

I had my quarterly labs drawn Thurs morning, then late afternoon fam doc ordered me to ER for an emergency eval. My fam doc appointment is now moved up a couple weeks to first thing Monday morning.(dang I was gonna SLEEP in).

I have been fighting not only MS but also diabetes and kidney disease (CKD-3), My main concern is if this is likely to any adverse impact on my already weakened kidneys?

I am a bit nervous that they may suggest I have to cath and/or it may affect my kidneys.

Any input, suggestions or experience, (with or without the addition of diabetes).

Thanks

Gomer

Comment

Working...
          X