Don't know what to Think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know what to Think

Hello, Everyone let me introduce myself, my name is Jennifer and I just turned 31. I was just recently dx with rrms on October 24, 2011. I wish that was where my story begins, but it doesn't.
    In Feb. 2009 the right side of my face and top of my head was completely numb to the touch. By April Dr. was calling it Bells Palsy. Dr. said it would get better....by May I was back to normal.

Then in Nov. 2010 I woke to having Optic Neuritis in my right eye and severe migraines. I was in the hospital for a week and they pumped me full of steroids. I had test done and after a week in the hospital i was released. Even though I was released from the hospital I was still not dx with anything and i was still unable to see out of my right eye even though they had pumped me full of steroids and i was having the most painful migraines on a daily basis. My vision finally starting improving but the migraines did not. and for almost an entire year now I have been searching for the right team of doctors who could help me. Finally the Doctors at UAMS have come to my rescue.

My migraines are now under control. I take Topamax 2 times a day to control them so im not sitting in a dark room all day long with sunglasses on. Once my migraines where under control that when I started noticing other aches and pains in my body. I'm in denial daily because I was such an active person and now I don't even work. I have a 6 year old daughter who can knock me down to the ground in a heartbeat. I find myself in a deep depression. The doctors have changed my medications several times to find which once can get me out of my funk. None have helped so far. I'm glad I have found MSWORLD

Hang in there have faith

i am Lance and I am in a severe exaacerbation and in a wheelchair and in a rehab hosp. i know what you are going through. i too get headaches that are severe and debilitating. On pain meds and a drug called Provigil. I'm also taking Fioricet for head pain every 4 hours prn. This med helps a lot.

i was dx in 2009, and got better then. About 5 months ago my vision got very bad everything started moving on me and i lost all my balance. Still can not walk or balance myself. I also got somewhat depressed so i know what challenges you are going through. I hope and pray you will find comfort in some small way each and every day. Do not give up hang in there and things will get better with time. Write me when you can and stay in touch. We will battle this together you are not alone.

Comment

thanks

having faith is not the problem. Keeping it is the problem.

I too was on fioricet for awhile. I worked for sometime and then it stopped working. I really had when your taking a medication and it is working really well and then all of a sudden it stops working for you. I don't really understand why things happen that way. But they do sometimes.

I'm currently having to give myself the copaxone shot everyday...oh how I don't know if I can do this for the rest of my life. A shot everyday. My reaction sites are not good. They very from spot to spot. I guess it just takes time.

I wish I could wave a magic wand and everything would go back to the way it was like 6 years ago right before i had my daughter. I don't know maybe ignorance is bliss. Maybe not knowing is better than knowing. Maybe just maybe.

I started using a cane for my balance issues. My daughter is 6 and she is so embarrassed by this, I tell her that she will just have to get used to moms new accessories. I didn't really know what else to tell her.

Sometime all you wanna do is scream.

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

Comment

Working...
      X