Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ampyra

Hi everyone,

I'd be interested in knowing whether anyone taking Gilenya is also taking Ampyra. Also, has Ampyra helped and, of so, to what extent? I can walk pretty well, but I have muscle fatigue in my right leg and weak knees. It doesn't affect me too much when I walk at a steady pace. But when I'm in a museum, walking slowly, and standing still, my knees begin to feel like jelly! I'm going to speak to my neurologist when I see her in a few months, but I wanted to gather experiences from the MS community first. many thanks. Liz

Originally posted by llevey View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'd be interested in knowing whether anyone taking Gilenya is also taking Ampyra. Also, has Ampyra helped and, of so, to what extent? I can walk pretty well, but I have muscle fatigue in my right leg and weak knees. It doesn't affect me too much when I walk at a steady pace. But when I'm in a museum, walking slowly, and standing still, my knees begin to feel like jelly! I'm going to speak to my neurologist when I see her in a few months, but I wanted to gather experiences from the MS community first. many thanks. Liz
    Hello Liz. I take both and don't have an issue. Just got my first bloodwork today. Will see if anything is going rong there. Not an isues with me. Good luck. Bob

Comment

I have been on ampyra for @ 2 years and gilenya x 7-8 months. I felt like I was walking upstream in a heavy current and the ampyra makes it feel like a weak current.
      I have not had a problem mixing the two.

Comment

Working...
      X