Adderall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adderall

Has anyone taken Adderall for an energy boost?Provigil is too expensive therefore my insurance will not cover it..is there any other meds out to help with the situation?

Pretty much of the ADHD Stimulant Medications can be used and the Insurance really likes them since many are Generic.
    Bill
    Scuba, true meaning of Life! USS Wilkes Barre 91, USS Monitor 96, 97, 99 .. Andrea Doria 96, 98 .. San Francisco Maru 09

Comment

Methylin or Ritalin is a short-term dose of stimulant normally used for ADHD (my son took it for many years).

It is very affordable and doesn't have the side effects that some of the extended release meds like Adderall can have.

Good luck - I'm sure you can find something affordable that your insurance will cover. Talk to your doctor's office and explain the situation.

Good luck !

Comment

Originally posted by cosake View Post
        It is very affordable and doesn't have the side effects that some of the extended release meds like Adderall can have.
        It is true Adderall is most used in the extended release form but Adderall also has a short acting pill that, if needed or wanted, can be taken a few times a day...depending on you and your doctor.

migmis,

Medications used for fatigue:

Provigil
        Nuvigil
        Amantadine
        ADD medications
        Diagnosed 1984
        “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

I took adderall for exactly a week before I just had to come off of it.
          The 'high' feeling was just way too much for me to handle. I was dazing out and staring out into space all day. It made me more loopy than high doses of morphine!!
          And coming off of it... Man oh man. At the end of the day, 'coming down' was terrible!!! I had the shakes and cold sweats and oh my it was bad!!!

BUT! Just because it didn't work for me, doesn't mean it won't work for you!!!
          I know some people that have little to to side effects with the adderall.

Stay well
          Heather

Comment

I'm currently on Adderall XR for the fatigue and it has been a HUGE help. The first couple of times I took it I did have a few issues like a palpitation and racing thoughts. My body adjusted after about the third or fourth time I took it and I haven't had a problem since.

I will day that the one side effect I've noticed more than anything else is that I really have to have something to constantly be working on or I get restless.

Comment

I changed from Provigil to Adderal XR because Provigil didn't work long enough and when I tried increasing it to twice a day it gave me migraines. I find the Adderal helps me more, and the cost is a bonus!

Comment

I use Adderall XR too. I really like it. I rarely get brought down by my fatigue but when I do I get really tired but am still able to function with the Adderall. I started on the 10mg caps and then we added a second 10 mg caps at about noon. I unfortunately cannot handle the second dose as it causes me severe dry mouth that is extremely uncomfortable. I do feel best when taking both capsules but the dry mouth is too much to bear. So I will work with just the one capsule. It's definately better than nothing.
                Love, Laugh, Live...in this order
                Dx'd 2-24-11 - Baclofen 60 mg/day 5-11, LDN 4.5 mg/day 9-24-11, Cymbalta 60mg/day for pain 11-11

Comment

Hi,i have been taking Adderall for 4 months 10mg 1 or2 times a day and it works good, no problems.mark
                  DX's,MS,1/8/04
                  copaxone

Comment

Thanks u guys!so far so good I'm on my 5th day and no side effect yetI still have walking issues but my energy level is up so I push myself..b4 taking the adderall I couldn't do much because I always felt sluggish.

Comment

I asked my doc about changing to Adderal because of cost and asked what was the difference between Adderal and the Provigil I was taking and he said the Provigil will keep me awake but no energy boost but the Adderal was a stimulant and would also give me the energy boost I'm looking for
                      Best of luck

Comment

getting a new scrip

I am getting a new scrip for adderall tomorrow, would LOVE any sort of energy boost thanks for all the info everybody
                        if you can't be a good example, you'll just have to be a horrible warning to others

Comment

Ooo, a little envious

No- not really envious. Truly I am happy for those of you who get some relief from the lassitude w/stimulants.

I am one of the adults w/ADHD-- diag in childhood, w/out much improvement. Specifically, ADHD w/predominant inattentiveness. The stimulants have always made me sleepy, until dosage increased; and even then, I can still sleep. ADD people tend to have paradoxical reactions to meds; like being given percadan for pain at the ER- and told I would be asleep soon
                          . NOT I began to pace and talk with rapid/pressured speech; not pleasant.

Sooo... I take 45mg of short release Adderall, 4xs a day; AND, 250 of Nuvigil. Still, sleepy; but I think that the addition of the Nuvigil may help. What I've found that helps with the fatigue is B Complex.

Ritalin/Concerta made me too damn drowsy to drive- this was long before ms was a factor. Anyone else w/ADHD that stimulants = sleepiness? PLEASE, share. Migmis, Adderall should work for you-- unless you have my px
                          Be Well.

Shalom,
                          Suzanne
                          You never fail, until you stop trying__Albert Einstein

Comment

Adderall

I am on my second bottle of of 75 Adderall. I take 20mg twice a day. I started Adderall and Cymbalta within a week of each other. Can't remember which one is for memory and which one is for energy. From the posts, I guess Adderall is for energy. I have no problems. I do have dry mouth which I just chew gum (cinnamon is best) for that. Also, I lost weight, cause I just didn't have any appetite. At first, I had to make myself eat. Now I am aware of it and if I go too long, I will eat something.
                            Are there any long term problems with Adderall?

Comment

Aderall worked great for me but I had an alergic reaction to it causing my tongue to swell and had to stop taking it. not taking anything else at the moment.
                              Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

Working...
                              X