EZ DUZ IT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EZ DUZ IT!

Hi everyone, my name is Martha. I am a Retired U.S. Navy Chief. I am happily married, have 2 cats, no kids and love to grow my own veggies. I love to cook, hate to clean. I consider myself to happy, joyous and free. I have MS. I was initially diagnosed a year ago. The neuro I saw then was a quack and just wanted my $$$! I want my $$ too. Got a new Dr who started me on a treatment plan, MRIs spinal taps blood work, y'all know the drill. He gave me an Rx for amantadine, I would appreciate any feedback on that. I will start avonex injections & college classes next week. Pls let me know what I can do for you all. Pls share your experience, strenght and hope and I will do the same. Blessings to all.

Hi Martha

Welcome!

Sounds like you have a great attitude.

He gave me an Rx for amantadine, I would appreciate any feedback on that.
    If you ask about Amantadine in the Medications forum, you may get more responses.

I will start avonex injections & college classes next week.
    Good luck with the Avonex, and your college classes! Let us know how you're doing with both of them.

Looking forward to seeing you around here!

Take care,
    KoKo
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Thanks

I try to keep a positive attitude but still stay realistic about life in general. A good friend of mine had PPMS(he passed in2004) and when he was immobile,he said God put him in bed or a chair to give him a new perspective on life. I hope I can be that serene...

Comment

Good for You!!

So glad you have a positive attitude! I try, tho I admit today has been a rough day for some reason. Tomorrow I shall not feel sorry for myself. That is my goal. I'll get up and even put on makeup....haha! Thanks for putting a smile back on my face!

Comment

Smiles are contagious

Thank you for the make up idea, I will try that next time I need a boost!

Comment

Hi msm,
            I was diagnosed a year ago also. I'm glad you found a new Neuro. Sounds like he is doing the exact same thing my Neuro is doing for me. I started Avonex right away. The side effects for the first 6 months or so weren't horrible but just annoying. I had the chills, headache, and tiredness the day after the injection. Advil helped a lot. Now, 10 months later and I barely have any side effects at all. So, my advice is to stick with it through the side effects. They should get better. I also take Amantadine for fatigue. I just started it recently. I'm not a big fan of it because I feel not myself on it. So, I only take it when I know I have a lot of running around to do. However, if you suffer from daily fatigue and are going to college, hopefully, it will help you! Good luck with school!

Comment

Working...
            X