It appears that your MSWorld session has not been initiated or has expired. To renew your session, please click here, then click 'Logout' on the right hand side and log back in again.

Go Back   MSWorld Forums > MSWorld Message Boards > Assistive Devices, Technology, and Useful Tips
Register FAQ Calendar Guidelines Mark Forums Read Login

Assistive Devices, Technology, and Useful Tips From specially formed eating utensils to power chairs; plus share your suggestions to ease everyday living!

Old 07-14-2011, 10:47 AM
Registered Member

walker on airplane

Hi everybody,

I've just purchased my first rollator. I don't need it most of the time however, I'm going to the West Coast later this month and I'm very worried about excess walking which I'll be doing at a work meeting.

As such, I've purchased a rollator. My question, though, is what do I need to do to carry this on the airplane or at least have it put into storage?

Thanks.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:05 PM
Registered Member

All airlines allow pre-boarding for the handicapped with or without walking aids. You go to your seat prior to everyone else, and the flight attendant stores your walking aid and returns it to you at the end of your flight. This might mean deplaning after everyone else, but that is minor inconvenience.