Neurontin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neurontin

I have had some side affects from the drug Neurontin and have slowly come off of it and have been totally off for the last eleven days. I was on it for a long time. I am having quite a few withdrawel symptoms, and having difficulty sleeping, severe hot flashes and some panic attacks. Has anyone else experienced these symptoms and how did you handle them? My Dr put me on the drug Restoril 15 mgs for sleep and I only sleep a few hours and wake up. I have only been on this for 10 nights. I would really appreciate some help with this problem. Thankyou in advance.
    Noelle

Kathrina: I did a 'quick wean' (4 days!!) from Neurontin at the direction of my neurologist's nurse so I could begin taking Keppra. Didn't get to see the doctor until 2 months later. When I described the horrible side effects I was having from the Keppra, the neurologist told me it was Neurontin withdrawal not Keppra side effects.

It's been a couple of years, but I believe I experienced extreme fatigue, dizziness, nausea..........just felt like I had a mild case of the flu for about a month and a half.

The doctor never did apologize for the nurse directing me to wean off the Neurontin so quickly. It was about 45 days before I began to feel better. Hang in there!

Comment

Working...
    X