The Pain :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Pain :(

This really is terrible. I try to just be strong but sometimes I think I may lose my mind it hurts so bad. I am miserable, and I am miserable to everyone else. WHY does this hurt so much?

My life is great, I mean beyond the MS stuff, and because of this pain I find myself thinking pretty yucky thoughts. I am taking so much meds, I don't want to take more, but I cannot take the pain. The baclofen dose is making me so sleepy during the day now. I really do hate this life. All my doctor says is that I need to get on the full dose of beta before we can see results.....I mean really? sigh.

Thanks for letting me vent.
    Sasha - dx January 2011; tysarbi, zanaflex, gabapentin, and baclofen
    ~Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.~

So sorry you're having such a rough time. I get pain once in a while, when the right thigh tightens up and starts aching, or shooting pains in the legs and girlie parts, but they go away. I can't imagine having things continue on for months and months like it sounds yours have. I hope you get relief soon. It's hard to stay positive when your body parts are screaming in the background.

You've been so patient, and positive, inspiring and understanding of others and their problems. I so hope this calms down for you soon and you're able to get on with your dreams with fewer distractions.

Hugs.
    I do not have MS. I have Whatchamacallit; and all of the symptoms are mirages.

Comment

Ah, Salamandertom~~~ also sending you ((hugs)) at this time. I understand about pain, as do many of us. I've been having terrible pain this week also and the drugs aren't really helping. When you get to this point, everything seems so blipping awful, life sucks, MS sucks and nothing seems right.... this is what I've been thru this week. I have to remind myself over and over and over that this too shall pass. Sometimes saying this mantra thru tears...

I've thought about getting some acupuncture treatments soon as they have greatly helped me in the past!! Have you tried it? Just a thought...sometimes alternatives help when all else fails...

Anyway, hope you can ride out this rough patch. I'd take some of your pain away, but I have all I can handle now myself... Hope we both are better soon!
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hugs to you, pain is an awful thing to endure.

My only suggestion would be to maybe switch to another drug, maybe baclofen isnt the one for you.

Jo

Comment

Originally posted by Johooper View Post
          My only suggestion would be to maybe switch to another drug, maybe baclofen isnt the one for you.

Jo
          I also take 1200 mg of gabapentin broken up 4x a day (300 mg 4x a day). Thank you for the thoughts. The meds help, they just aren't enough.
          Sasha - dx January 2011; tysarbi, zanaflex, gabapentin, and baclofen
          ~Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.~

Comment

Really. I remember the pain vividly. When I first started Betaseron the pain throughout my legs and feet was nearly intolerable. I also felt it in my hips, buttocks, and shoulders. It kept me awake many nights. It was a burning, gnawing pain that seemed to radiate from my bones outward. That was seven years ago. It seemed to subside slowly... but it did subside. Eventually, it seemed to just go away. It didn't happen quickly. Actually, it probably took a good three years until Betaseron and I became friends for life. I think your neurologist is probably right. If you can tolerate it for as long as it takes... it most likely will subside. I will be thinking of you. Hang in there.

Comment

Isn't such a relief to know you have a place to go where "everybody knows your pain" Sorry, thought I'd inject a little humor!

Seriously though, I can relate. I know that before I was switched to Lyrica, I was taking 3600mg of gabapentin. Maybe your Dr. can increase your dose? I see a pain management dr. & was really nervous to ask him to increase my Norco to 3x a day as needed because I live in an area where they assume you're a drug addict until you prove otherwise!

It makes me so mad because I'm the one who always pushing to find other ways to get rid of the pain! Case in point, I go in friday to have the nerves burnt in my neck. I had it done 4yrs ago & had 2yrs of amazing relief!!

I can handle the pain most of the time but it does wear you down & you just have to give in to the frustration. Keep venting here, thats what we're here for!
              "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"

Dx 2004, Copx, Rebif, Ty Beta- I'm done!!

Comment

I think in all areas, the doctors assume you are a drug addict if you take narcotics.

And then there are all those doctors who say "MS doesn't cause pain." Of course, MS pain doesn't hurt them a bit - they don't have MS!

On bad days, I have been having more and more pain in my legs and feet, and baclofen and tizanidine make me so sleepy I couldn't possibly work with those on board. I do take the tizanidine at night though, and it usually helps for at least 4 hours.

Comment

Working...
                X