It appears that your MSWorld session has not been initiated or has expired. To renew your session, please click here, then click 'Logout' on the right hand side and log back in again.

Go Back   MSWorld Forums > MSWorld Message Boards > Archive
Register FAQ Calendar Guidelines Mark Forums Read Login

Archive Not for Posting

Old 05-31-2011, 11:38 AM
Registered Member

Exclamation seeing things in peripheral vision that aren't there?

Lately I've been seeing things like faces/flashes in my peripheral vision.. most of the time it is only in a certain part of my house, a lot of times it seems like its flashes of people, or faces.. I wasn't sure if this could be from the ms, or if my bp dropping too low could be the cause. Anyone else ever experience this? It comes and goes
Old 05-31-2011, 12:30 PM
Registered Member

Yesss I had these occurances last year after a bad MS flair and hospitalization. I also were having signs of seizures at this time too. I would be at my laptop and in my peripherial vision I would see flashes of things, there or not. I know it would always have me jumping as these sights were so sudden.

There was a love seat in front of my picture window and traffic would be going by and I would jump cuz I was picking up a vision of the truck suddenly sitting on top of this love seat!! WEIRD!!!

I do not have this any more..but it lasted a few weeks to month or more last year. Told my seizure doc..who never heard of that..no one did..LOL.

Good luck. If it continues I would report it.

Warmly, Jan
Old 05-31-2011, 12:42 PM
Registered Member

I don't see faces, but I do see various shapes and "ghost cats" in my peripheral vision all the time. I just figure either my house is haunted or my vision is bonkers.

It could be MS related, but you need to get this checked out though, just to be sure something else isn't going on like a detached retina or other problems like that.

Hugs,

Lisa
Old 05-31-2011, 12:44 PM
Registered Member

I don't necessarily have faces in my periphreal vision but...I do see things out of the corner of my eye it's more like shadows. Scares the crap out of me. It makes me jump. I've heard some individuals on MS World describe it as well..one inparticular calls it a black cat. Any way you look at it it's very uncanny and freaky. I don't know what it is or why it happens. I know I didn't have it before MS reared it's ugly head so I am almost positive that it's related to it. I've never had optic neuritis either so I'm not for sure what it means. Hopefully someone here will have answers.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:56 PM
Registered Member

I have been seeing flashes and shadows in my peripheral also. It seems like they are getting closer. I used to see it in another room. Now its in the same room I'm in. I never thought to report it to my neuro but I think it will be a good idea to do that when I go back.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:32 PM
Registered Member

I have a cat, and I am constantly "seeing" him walk past me out of the corner of my eye, but when I look, he isn't there! LOL He's named Mandrake after the majician in the comic strips amd I think it's either my ms or magic tricks!
Old 05-31-2011, 09:33 PM
Registered Member

Also, I sometimes "see" things when I have my eyes closed. One night, in a dark room with my eyes shut, it looked like I was looking through a pair of glasses. I could "see" the frames of the glasses around my eyes. It was weird. Another time, I suddenly "saw" a cross, again at a time I was in a dark room with my eyes closed.

I also "see" a lot of lights, sometimes a bright glowing white or blue area in my left eye when I'm in the dark with my eyes closed. And if I'm in the dark and I hear a sudden or loud noise, I "see" a flash of lightening across my left eye, always in the same location.

I've given up on trying to figure any of this stuff out.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:55 PM
Registered Member

I call them my visual disturbances - i was never that creative. But those disturbances can be! Flashes of light off in the sides of my vision - I just sit back and enjoy the show.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:00 AM
Registered Member

i frequently get momentary flashes of movement in my left eye, as if someone or something has just quickly moved passed me. But when it comes to my right eye i have quite the opposite problem- i seem to have decreased peripheral vision- eye have to becareful to scan to the right if i want to avoid collisions! I have never had optic neuritis but have had vision problems that have been put down to the muscle control of muscles that help to focus- at times my vision is really not great and even making our facial features of others is tough- usually when i am tired