Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

11 days on Gilenya. Completely and totally amazed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

11 days on Gilenya. Completely and totally amazed.

Hi,
    I just started taking Gilenya 11 days ago and I can't believe how great I feel. I went thru the observation with no issue's. Had a little bit of nausea the first couple of days but since then I feel "normal". I have so much more energy then I've had in forever. I'm able to walk my puppies without my husbands help. Before I didn't have the strength at all. I used to follow him around with the "poop scoop" lol. I can come home from work, cook dinner, clean up, do homework with my son, get laundry done and still be able to sit and read or watch t.v. before bed. Not just have to crash. I am totally amazed. Has anybody else had a experience like this? I know I should just take it as is but I feel like this is so unreal. I really didn't realize how crappy I was feeling. I guess you get used to a thing. Instead of really appriciating it I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Lisa

I'm so glad that you're having such a good experience!! I was newly diagnosed when I started and had never really had fatigue issues so I can't say I've had a similar experience. What is similar is that I love my Gilenya.

I hope everything continues to go well and that the other shoe never drops.

Keep us posted.

Comment

I hope i am as lucky as you because i lost alot while off the Tysabri despite being put on Copaxone. I at least want to return to where i was. Today was my second day. First day went poorly but today i had to go back and it went well. Did not have to stay all day.

Comment

Hi
        I to am on my second week of G, and today started thinking I'm feeling better. I actually walked into the grocery store today.... I am afraid of saying much as I don't want to jinx it!!
        GG

Comment

I am also nearing my 2nd week on G - no problems so far! No big improvements but not sliding back

Comment

That is great that it's working so well for you! I have been on Gilenya since February and the difference from how I have been feeling for the past year and a half on Avonex is night and day. I will be interested to see what the next MRI looks like. Keep rockin'

Comment

Daughter has been on Gilenya since April 18th, hasn't had any noticeable side effects. She over exerted herself last week, blood pressure dropped and was dizzy, and tired. I don't think it was G, she just did to much and got dehydrated. It was a really hot day and she worked outside. Hope everything goes good for you.

Comment

I've been on Gilenya for 2 months now, and I feel better than I have in over a year! The first month I had my energy back right away, but it took another month before I got my strength back. Starting the 3rd month and I'm curious to see how much better I'll get. I'm having trouble with my breathing so I'm hoping it will help that, because that's my biggest problem right now.

Comment

I think things have changed.

I was just reading my first post when I started G in May. I remember feeling that amazing and I don't know when things changed.....
                  I know I started feeling a little sluggish and (MSee) in October but a lot was going on...room mother, parties then November we hosted Thanksgiving and in-laws (all of them) came to stay for a duration. Then sons b-day and Christmas. Now that all the hoopla is over I'm realizing I havn't been able to recapture any of my energy. I did have a MRI showed less lesions but I have been exhausted, headachy unable to function even at 1/2 my pre G self.
                  I'm gonna touch base with the doc and see what he thinks. I hope any of you that went on it or have been on it with good results is able to continue with them.
                  Take care,
                  Lisa
                  Live, Love, Laugh

Lisa

Comment

I'm glad that all of you who are on Gilenya and are doing well. Please keep us posted. It's so nice to hear the postive side of this med. I know each one of us is different but still good to hear.

Comment

started yesterday

This is day 2 of G for me- feeling fine & am cautiously optimistic
                      about using it. The clinic nurse was very encouraging & she has seen a lot of things with her MS patients & others.

Comment

Hey all!

I've just started G. Today I'm taking 4th pill.
                        Unfortunately, yesterday I felt a lot of spasms, numbness and some fatigue after taking the G. Today I woke up and it seems that all those symptoms has stayed so I'm really not in a good shape so far and would even say that it was better before starting this therapy. The other side effects was very low heart bot rate (around 40 bpm) but it has normalized now. But I'm still thinking positive and really expecting some improvement in my health and overall feeling. I will post something next week, so far please cross your fingers for me

Comment

I HAVE MY G WAITING 4 MY DR. VISIT TO TAKE MY FIRST ONE

I'M EXCEITED TO BE GETTING BACK ON MS MEDS HERE SOON. JUST WAITING ON THE DR TO CALL 4 ME TO COME IN. I HAD A SEVER ALLERGIC REACTION TO MY COPAXONE AFTER 3 MONTHS. AN IN THE HOSPITAL TWICE. 2 I'VE BEEN OFF ALL MS MEDS. AN WOW OH WOW WHAT A CHANGE IN EVERYTHING. I HAD FINALLY GOTTEN MY LIFE BACK IN SO MANY WAYS IN 12 YRS. AN ALMOST SYPMTOM FREE UNTIL THAT ALLERGIC REACTION. NOW ALL MY SYPMTOMS CAME BACK WITH A HUGE BANG AN NEW SYMPTOMS ON TOP OF IT.

NOW I'M BACK TO CONSTANT PAIN, LIMPING AN USING MY CAIN AGAIN THAT I HADN'T USED IN MONTHS ON COPAXONE TIRED ALL DAY LONG AN REALLY BAD SPEECH AN MEMORY PROBLEMS. I JUST CAN'T WAIT TO GET ON THE G. AFTER 12 YRS OF SUFURING BEFORE I GOT DIOGNOSED LAST YR. THE MS MEDS WAS LIKE A MIRICALE TO ME AN A HUGE DIFFERENCE. I JUST WISH MY DR WOULD HURRY UP AN GET ME IN SO WE CAN GET STARTED ON THE G. THEY HAVE CALLED ME TWICE TO NOT TAKE IT YET SEEINGS I HAVE IT WRITE HERE.

MAN OH MAN I REALLY WANT TO TAKE IT. I NO I CAN'T. HE SAID MID FEB HE CAN GET ME IN. WELL MID FEB IS ABOUT HERE. I'LL KEEP U UPDATED ON THE G. I'M NEW TO THIS SITE. AN THINK THIS IS ONLY MY SECOND OR 3RD POST AN NEW TO THE COMPUTOR IN GENERAL. OK I WROTE A BOOK DIDN'T MEAN TO DO THAT SORRY EVERYONE.
                          Mrs. J

Comment

New G user

Hi

I just started Gilenya yesterday. I'm so glad to read all the good comments on here. I'm waiting for it to really kick in and hoping for great results.

My BP never dropped during my first dose. Today I feel okay. I really got sick of those shots. Looking forward to better days.

Comment

I am a 2 week veteran also and have much more energy and feel more like my "old" self pre MS. Only complaint is the throbbing pain in my legs and arms, mostly at night and I am very stiff... rarely had this with 8 yrs of Copaxone. Now it is every day..... anyone else experience it? Aleve is not cutting it!

Comment

Working...
                              X